Operations Technician Jobs Vacancy at Hiscox Ltd London
Hiscox Ltd London urgently required following position for Operations Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operations Technician Jobs Vacancy at Hiscox Ltd London Jobs Details:
About the London Market Central Operations Team:
This is a new team within London Market Operations and its purpose is to centralise processes and create efficiencies by having a team of experts. We decided to adapt our operational structure with this new team to provide an efficient service to all underwriting classes by successfully performing transactional tasks within agreed SLA’s. Our friendly team of 4 reporting to the Operations Controller will sometimes be under pressure with these tight SLA’s, but we try to keep it relaxed and support each other as a team.
This role provides a great opportunity to get a foundation of knowledge that will help in building a successful career within Operations. By understanding various operational procedures and systems, it will give you a fantastic insight into the end to end cycle of a risk.
What you’ll be doing in the role:
- Support the accuracy of London Market data by performing rigorous quality checking, raising errors to our data entry team and investigating/correcting/preventing any data inaccuracies escalated to the central operations team.
- Understand the role of our external data capture team, who they are, what they do and how we work in partnership with them. Build relationships with the team and work together to resolve queries; improve risk capture guidance (in order to ultimately reduce the number of referrals and data inaccuracies) and help to develop their knowledge of London Market processes.
- Assist the overall Operations division in their goal to deliver high operational standards by developing a good understanding of the classes of business you support and the operational processes in place.
- Utilise time management skills and use the ability to prioritise; this is critical in being able to successfully meet SLA’s/tight deadlines in a heavily workflow driven team.
- Develop an understanding of the various reports we have in place to help us to monitor, control and adhere to underwriting standards, know how to complete these and demonstrate an understanding of the importance of timely and accurate completion.
- Work in partnership with our outsource provider to minimise the amount of overdue debt by following robust credit control procedures and escalating internally where appropriate.
- Consistently meet all agreed SLAs
- Learn about all aspects of London Market insurance process and understand the role of each of the key stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with your immediate Operations team, your manager and the wider London Market Operations division (including Change and IT).
- Develop an appreciation of different types of insurance and different classes of business.
- Learn about Xchanging, the role they play in supporting the market and how they fit into our underwriting processes.
- Understand the history behind Lloyd’s, what takes place there and the importance of Lloyd’s to Hiscox.
- Consistently demonstrate Band A/I skills and behaviours (see relevant success framework).
- Pass the CII Insurance Certificate through the completion of LM1, LM2 & one of the IF exams.
- Understand the role of a broker; why they are needed / what they do and how they interact with Underwriters.
- Prior experience in an operational/processing role
- An enthusiasm for maintaining a career within Operations (as opposed to Underwriting)
- Willing to pass the CII Insurance Certificate through the completion of LM1, LM2 & one of the IF exams.
- A-Levels/BTEC qualified as a minimum
- Good prioritisation skills
- An ability to meet deadlines
- Performs and thrives in high pressured environment
- Friendly and approachable within a team and to stakeholders/customers
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commitment to pass the CII Insurance Certificate
- London Market experience or knowledge
- CII qualifications