Hpc Systems Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Absolute Solution Ltd St Albans
Absolute Solution Ltd St Albans urgently required following position for Hpc Systems Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Hpc Systems Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Absolute Solution Ltd St Albans Jobs Details:
We are actively seeking a high performing HPC systems engineers to help drive our HPC division and continued expansion in the UK, US, Germany and India. This is an all-encompassing role, which will provide successful candidate with a variety of workload across all segments of the HPC space. This role provides the opportunity to make a direct and visible contribution to the continued success of our company, both financially and culturally. In this role, you will join an experienced team of technical and presales professionals, with a remit to bring new products to market, engage with customers and partners in deploying HPC technologies and support and maintain existing customer HPC systems, including internal HPC clusters. Full Training will be provided to the candidate to ensure they can fulfil the duties of the role below and ongoing training will be part of the role also to ensure a high level of knowledge maintained.
Beneficial knowledge and skills:
- Experience in scientific computing
- Data mining / Hadoop experience or understanding of concepts
- HPC cluster experience (setup or use)
- MPI programming and understanding
- Understanding of GPU and accelerator technologies
- Experience in alternative low power architectures such as ARM
- Shell scripting â,¬ bash, perl or python or any combination
- C/C++ - not necessary of coding but able to compile / build open source applications / libraries. A few open source examples: VASP, OpenFOAM etc
- Exposure to MPI (message passing interface) codes and libraries
- Experience in managing servers remotely
- Experience of Linux Cluster Management (ie: Rocks/IBM Platform or Bright)
- Experience of managing high volumes of servers
- Experience with network base provisioning tool such as Puppet, cobbler, kickstart, preseed etc
- Build / customize and deploy cluster for customer end to end (a turnkey solution)
- Liaise with customer to finalize cluster deployment and customization
- Support new and existing customers
- Support the pre sales function and work alongside the partners and the sales team
- Liaise and help out Production during cluster build / proving test
- Actively engage in Hardware qualifying for HPC production
- Actively engage in Tender process
- Perform benchmarking for new hardware (ie: cpu. Network/Raid controller etc or tender requirement)
- Present on our Solutions at events or customer meetings
- Travel will be required as part of the role (for events and customer meetings)
Markets & Customers:
Your markets will include some of the worlds most innovative organisations in industry, and academia. In this role you will be working closely with technology partners that are designing some of industries leading technologies (such as Intel, Mellanox, Nvidia etc) and you will be expected to work closely with customers to facilitate their leading edge applications, in fields such as Engineering, Exploration, Physical Sciences, Health, Finance and Media/Internet.
Responsibilities & Scope
The role is a deeply technical role that spans system administration right through to benchmarking and application optimisation â,¬ and everything in between. You will deliver the full portfolio of HPC products and services, and will be contribute towards all aspects of HPC business generation within the region, addressing both new and existing customer opportunities. You will be responsible for maintaining existing in house HPC infrastructure and growing this over time and customising internals systems for customer needs. You will be responsible for certain product ranges and will be required to work with marketing and sales in bringing these products to market. This will include putting together web material, spec sheets, promotional material and writing blogs on our blog site. The role is ideally suited to candidates that are self-motivated and want to become HPC experts in a leading HPC solution provider.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Customer facing
- Able to be a team player
- Able to form good working relationships with internal and external customers
- Commercially astute
- Strong eye for detail
- Able to work under pressure
- Full driving license preferable