Senior Scientist Chromatography Jobs Vacancy at Mondelez International Reading
Mondelez International Reading urgently required following position for Senior Scientist Chromatography. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Scientist Chromatography Jobs Vacancy at Mondelez International Reading Jobs Details:
Mondelēz International’s Reading Science Centre provides unique opportunities in the provision of scientific analysis, research, consultancy and training to its parent company and the wider food and pharmaceutical sectors. Operating as Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL), we apply leading-edge science with integrity and service to exceed expectations and deliver greater value to our clients.
In RSSL we are customer focused, science led and results driven. The RSSL Functional Ingredients laboratory performs a wide range of analyses for a variety of food, pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and supports Mondelez research and innovation. An exciting opportunity for a Senior Scientist I - Chromatography has arisen which will be responsible for providing technical direction and leading a team within the Functional Ingredients laboratory. The successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring that projects are performed, supervised and reported effectively and accurately. This role focuses on routine analyses of products and method validations using techniques such as HPLC, Dionex, Hunter Lab and Autotitrators. This role has the responsibility to manage a team of junior members and will require client contact and administrative support for laboratory management.
Main Responsibilities: Communication & Influence
- Work as part of an efficient analytical team
- To liaise with clients, business development and line management to ensure effective communication of project proposals and results.
- Participate in client and stake holders meetings as required
- Deliver internal presentations across groups and to technical stakeholders
- Manage small projects or defined areas of larger projects
- Plan own workload and assist with the plan of routine projects for junior staff
- Train junior members of the team as required.
- Manage a small team of junior staff within the Functional Ingredients Team
- Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
- To complete assigned quality actions on a timely manner, including review and approval of UKAS quality actions
- Write and approve SOPs and Test Methods
- Understand and provide technical regulatory leadership in client and UKAS audits
- Represent the team in quality meetings and be proficient on Q-Pulse, manage assets and calibrations/qualifications and assist with checks for calibration of equipment and audits.
- To maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- To understand and work to the requirements of GMP and UKAS.
- Ensure training records are accurate.
- Educated to a minimum of Degree level in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
- Significant proven experience of working with chromatographic systems and software- specifically HPLC, Dionex, Hunter Lab and Autotitrators.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment- UKAS or GMP.
- Analytical project management experience
- Ability to deliver projects within tight timescales and motivate and mentor junior scientific staff
- Technical credibility to develop good working relationships with internal and external clients
- Ability to problem solve and plan resources to maintain workflow and timely delivery of projects
- Accountable, honest, hardworking, and able to work efficiently in a team
- Flexible and adaptable to meet customer/business requirements.
- Well organised and capable of working on multiple activities concurrently.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with clients and colleagues
- Self motivated, enthusiastic, and quick to learn.
- Able to organize own work and others to maximize output
- Computer literate in standard MS Office applications
- English fluency (written and spoken)
- Line Management experience
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
RSSL website: https://www.rssl.com/ YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RSSLServices LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/107107