Principal Programme Controls Manager Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail London
Network Rail London urgently required following position for Principal Programme Controls Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Principal Programme Controls Manager Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail London Jobs Details:
To lead, review and enable the efficient delivery of the Project Control lifecycle in all major elements of the regional programmes. To lead the establishment of a programme of work supporting successful project delivery through effective integration of Planning, Cost Management and Risk & Value Management activities. To drive improved predictability and delivery efficiencies through effective project performance measurement, evaluation and intervention activities
About the role (External)
1. Provide leadership to the Programme in relation to the effective execution of the Project Control Lifecycle.
2. Manage the integration of the control services within the programme reviewing the level of service support is suitable for each project in development and/or delivery.
3. Challenge all aspect of project/programme performance to determine causes of variance from plan.
4. Lead the formulation of corrective action plans and lead discussions with senior members of the Programme Team, and confirm their suitability and monitor effective implementation.
5. Engage with the programme’s executive team to provide functional governance and efficient value-adding services.
6. Lead the management of the change control process within the geographic area.
7. Provide co-ordination and visibility of in-year and future projects within the geographic area setting interface management process with stakeholders.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
· Membership of a relevant professional body with Chartered Status and/or educated to degree level.
· Relevant experience in the successful management, planning and delivery of major projects.
· Experience in change management and systems deployment.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Comprehensive understanding of programme and project controls processes and systems
· Knowledge of and experience in rail industry processes.
· Knowledge of Project Management techniques.
· Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3000 (to a maximum amount of £2,250).
Network Rail adheres to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range : £64,512 - £72,576
Closing date: Mon 16 th Oct 2017 , late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes