Software Release Graduate Jobs Vacancy at Jhc Llp Birmingham
Jhc Llp Birmingham urgently required following position for Software Release Graduate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Software Release Graduate Jobs Vacancy at Jhc Llp Birmingham Jobs Details:
We have a vacancy for a highly motivated graduate with excellent communication skills in our Birmingham Office. Within this role you’ll work alongside other members of the Software Installation Team to ensure that good quality FIGARO software is delivered successfully, on time and accompanied by clear and accurate documentation. This applies to Test and Live installations. The JRSA will assist in providing internal support at JHC, either responding directly, or by passing the query on to another member of the Software Installation team. The role also requires client contact and providing on-site support when necessary.
Within 2 years, trainees will normally progress to full Release Support Analyst within JHC. Beyond this we provide staff with excellent career development opportunities, and pride ourselves on developing from within, testament to which is that the majority of the senior management team joined JHC initially as graduates. Career opportunities within JHC are highly varied, with successful candidates able to further their careers by staying within a technical role, or moving into other areas such as project management, senior analyst/product owner, team leading, consultancy, or client relationship management.
Responsibilities Policing Developments and testing to ensure the quality of the Figaro product.
Work with the testing team to improve the:
Quality of the product through checks on
Consistency of changes across releases
Production of Release Notes for Figaro
No matter how good a new version of the product is, this will only be appreciated if the enhancements are well documented. The JRSA is responsible for producing high quality release notes and implementation notes for full releases of Figaro as well as any program temporary fixes (PTFs).
Release Support for developers
The JRSA runs a helpdesk for JHC staff for all software release and change control issues. This involves taking, logging and prioritising calls, and either dealing with them or passing them on to the appropriate member of the team.
With the volume of software changes occurring to Figaro, it is necessary to audit and archive various processes on a regular basis.
Budgets for the Policing
Client revenue is managed on the basis of charging staff time against pre-agreed budgets. All staff are required to charge their time every day. Part of this job may involve managing and budgeting for projects.
Work within the team to apply new software into test and/or live, on clients’ sites using SeeChange, as well as applying new software onto client sites who do not use SeeChange - manual process and procedures to be followed.
Skills & Experience · Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
· Can do positive attitude, and enjoys working in a team
· The ability to achieve results in a complex and demanding environment
· A high level of computer literacy
· A good command of the English language, with excellent written English
· Confident and outgoing, with excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to people at all levels.
· Good attention to detail
· The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Patience and tact when dealing with clients
· Strong self-management
· Experience in a customer facing job, even part time or on a voluntary basis, will be a definite advantage.
· Educated to degree level
· Strong numerical background (ideally with an A grade in A-level mathematics or equivalent).
Salary & Benefits
· Salary: Competitive
· Holidays: 25 days per year plus bank and public holidays
· Other Benefits: Private Medical Healthcare Scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Group Personal Pension Scheme (2% matched contributions), Death in Service benefit, Monthly Entertainments Allowance, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, 25 days holidays plus public holidays.
· Working Hours: 35 hours per week with 1 hour for lunch per day (not included in the working hours)
· Notice Period: a 1 month notice applies to this position