Actuary Corporate Actuarial Jobs Vacancy at Catlin London
Catlin London urgently required following position for Actuary Corporate Actuarial. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Actuary Corporate Actuarial Jobs Vacancy at Catlin London Jobs Details:
MAXIMIZE your opportunity
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Quarterly Financial Reporting: Completion of a quarterly Actual vs Expected analysis across sub-lines of business within the Specialty Underwriting Division:
- Selection of resulting ultimate changes
- Consultation with underwriters and management regarding experience in the quarter, implications for financial reporting and recommendation for areas of consideration through the valuation analysis. Experience of presenting and communication of ultimate claims movements to underwriters is essential.
- Written rationalisation for all material movements and impacts in the quarter
- Valuation Analysis: The valuation is completed twice a year following quarter 1 and quarter 3 Actual vs Expected analysis:
- Opportunity to consider the appropriateness of methodologies and assumptions across all lines of business, and make changes where this is considered appropriate
- Full rationalisation of any changes to methods and assumptions and the impact on financial reporting
- Includes enhancing the list of utilised methodologies to consider different aspects and perspectives of the business to both enhance financial reporting and support the ongoing underwriting efforts
- Business Planning: The Actuarial financial reporting team is a key contributor to the development of the XL Catlin Insurance business plan each year, and this role will support our Pricing Actuaries and management in rationalising plan assumptions and outputs
- Key point of contact for Business: Through the ongoing consultation with the underwriting teams and other departments, you will become the key reserving contact for sub-lines of business within the Specialty Underwriting Division with responsibilities for understanding the needs of your customers, communicating potential changes and highlighting areas of opportunity or concern
- Legal Entity Provision: XL Catlin writes business through a number of different legal entities. You will be expected to contribute to Legal entity assessments and rationalise legal entity changes and impacts to support all the Legal entity actuaries impacted by Specialty business
- Special Projects: alongside your business and Legal entity responsibilities, you will also become involved in special projects intended to contribute to the development of the Actuarial Financial Reporting team as a whole which could involve development of processes or exhibits or focused investigations regarding new methodologies or assumptions potentially impacting the reserving analysis for all lines
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Reserving for Global Lines in London but will also involve significant interaction with the Actuarial Financial Reporting team in India. Global Lines include Specialty Insurance lines of business, inclusive of Energy and Wholesale, with a large proportion of business written on our Lloyd’s Syndicate’s paper.UNLEASH your potential
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Planning & Organisation: an ability to manage multiple conflicting tasks and outputs. Able to plan long term deliverables and ensure tasks are planned and completed accordingly and that any delays or complications are communicated early and resolved appropriately
- Strong Communication: excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration and presentation skills. Must have the ability to communicate even negative or difficult messages in a constructive and effective manner at all levels. Relevant experience of presenting and communicating ultimate claims movements and trends to underwriters
- Business Acumen: able to translate actuarial output into business value, ensuring various customers, including legal entity boards, are able to understand the practical implications of our analyses.
- Strategic Thinking and Tactical Implementation: ability to invent, design and build solutions
- Actuarial Experience: relevant experience within the non-life insurance. industry, with a significant focus on reserving. Qualified or near qualified preferred but strong candidates who have elected to discontinue study will also be considered