Mindfulness Tutor Part Time Jobs Vacancy at Workingforessex Com Chelmsford
Workingforessex Com Chelmsford urgently required following position for Mindfulness Tutor Part Time. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Mindfulness Tutor Part Time Jobs Vacancy at Workingforessex Com Chelmsford Jobs Details:
Part Time Sessional Tutors Required – Mindfulness
Salary: £20.23 – £23.46 p/hr
Hours: 2-8 hours per week depending on curriculum offer – hour’s variable according to curriculum needs. Successful candidate may be required to work evenings, day times and/or Saturdays.
Location: ACL Basildon
To teach unaccredited Mindfulness courses to adult learners, delivering knowledge of theory of Mindfulness and sound practice underpinning effective techniques to make positive changes to learners’ wellbeing in everyday life.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Nationally recognised teaching qualification or be prepared to work towards achieving threshold qualifications within the first year of service e.g City and Guilds Award in Education and Training
• Subject specialism qualification as Mindfulness Teacher;
• Competent user of ICT;
• Ability to inspire, motivate and raise aspirations of learners through your enthusiasm and knowledge;
• Good understanding of social and cultural diversity, equality of opportunity and inclusion and safeguarding;
• Minimum of Level 2 in English and maths
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Motivate and inspire learners to promote achievement and develop their skills to enable progression;
• Plan and deliver effective learning programmes for diverse groups or individuals in a safe and inclusive environment, following ACL safeguarding procedures;
• Promote the benefits of technology and support learners in its use;
• Address the mathematics and English needs of learners and work creatively to overcome individual barriers to learning;
• Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment, setting goals that stretch and challenge;
• Maintain and update your teaching / training expertise, vocational competence and digital skills;
• Contribute to organisational development and quality improvement through collaboration with others;
• Initially assess learners’ starting points and monitor their progress, set challenging tasks and objectives, and build on and extend learning for all learners;
• Support learners to develop personal, social and employability skills in order for them to progress into further learning or jobs that meet local and national needs.
Knowledge, skills and experience
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS Update Service.
Essex County Council are proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees.
• A Teachers Pension Scheme
• Interest free bus and rail season ticket loans from £100 - £5,000 as well as pool bikes and a car sharing scheme
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development through our specialist learning and development teams
• Extensive induction programmes
• 35 days annual leave (full-time equivalent)
• Continued service benefits
• Staff discounts in gyms/travel agents/car sales/restaurants/days out