Project Buyer Jobs Vacancy at Bombardier Derby
Bombardier Derby urgently required following position for Project Buyer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Buyer Jobs Vacancy at Bombardier Derby Jobs Details:
Bombardier Transportation is a global engineering company that’s shaping the evolution of mobility. We have a rich heritage behind us, but it’s our innovative approach that puts us at the forefront of our industry. At the heart of everything are our employees and our suppliers, with whom mobility truly begins. Join us at our major site in Derby and take pride in working on quality, leading-edge projects that drive your career forward.
We are currently looking to recruit a Project Buyer for our team in Derby
- Support the Commodity Buyer in obtaining all necessary deliverables from the Core Functions:
- Engineering deliverables to the Doc 3 planning
- Quality deliverables to Doc 24 and QCRs
- Operational requirements
- Supplier CDRLs
- Financial control / reporting
- Collaborate with other functions to ensure project success by representing Procurement at meetings
- Reliability issues
- Non conformance issues
- Inventory Control issues
- Negotiate with suppliers and issue purchase orders or entire frame contract for dedicated projects
- Administer terms and conditions with suppliers.
- Interface between the Project Core Team and Procurement
- Work autonomously to resolve problems and escalate critical issues
- Report into the project the activities and actions being taken by Procurement
- Support any function with Supplier related issues (first contact point)
- Lead the Procurement activities within the Change Management Process
- Obtain functional inputs and requirement
- Attend various meetings across the business and report accoringly
- Responsible for delivering cost reduction targets
- Relevant experience in a previous role, within the manufacturing industry
- University degree or equivalent through experience, complemented by a demonstrated track record of success.
- MCIPS qualification preferred but not essential
- Sourcing and procurement planning
- Excellent contracting, legal & compliance knowledge
- Excellent negotiating / influencing skills
- Supplier performance and improvement management experience
- Computer literate: MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Good problem solving skills
- Good business partnering skills
- Team player
- Strong analytical skills and financially numerate
Closing date: 17.06.2018
Competitive Salary Range
Number of working hours: 37
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular