Assistant Curriculum Manager Mental Health Programme Molesey Jobs Vacancy at Surrey County Council
- Assistant Curriculum Manager Mental Health Programme Molesey
- Surrey County Council
- 23 May, 2018 28 days ago
Surrey County Council urgently required following position for Assistant Curriculum Manager Mental Health Programme Molesey. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Curriculum Manager Mental Health Programme Molesey Jobs Vacancy at Surrey County Council Jobs Details:
£14,510 per annum for 18 hours per week based at Molesey Adult Learning Centre, Ray Road, West Molesey KT8 2LG
Although this post is based at our Molesey Adult Learning Centre, travel elsewhere within Surrey is necessary, so the post- holder will be a required car user. There will be occasional evening and weekend work.
12 months fixed term contract
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and well organised person to assist in the development of our growing Passport to Wellbeing programme, which is aimed at those experiencing, as well as recovering from, mild to moderate mental health issues such as depression and anxiety. You will assist the Curriculum Manager for Arts, Crafts, Work Skills & IT and other members of the team with programme planning and quality improvement.
The post holder must have an adult teaching certificate or equivalent.
Surrey Adult Learning provides a wide range of part-time day and evening courses to adults. Within this the Passport to Wellbeing programme offers a limited number of free places to those experiencing or recovering from mental health issues that are intended to provide opportunities to learn in a safe and supportive environment, develop confidence and independence and assist with recovery.
The role includes appointing, supporting, managing and inspiring tutors and volunteers to deliver a high quality programme to Ofsted standards. You will also work with centre staff and tutors to organise the Passport to Wellbeing programme as well as supporting learners with mental health needs to progress onto the SAL universal programme offer.
You will have experience of teaching learners with mental health needs and of a formal observation process aligned to Ofsted’s Common Inspection Framework. Giving information, advice and guidance to potential learners is part of this role and experience of this would be an advantage.
You will need to have experience of providing support and progression opportunities to learners, together with experience of reaching out to communities and building partnerships with other organisations. You will take a lead on mental health awareness training for staff.
You will have excellent written and oral communication skills which you can adjust according to your target audience and be able to use IT confidently. You will need to be able to use your initiative, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you.
If your experience and qualities match the above and you would like an informal discussion about the role, please contact Sue Risbridger on 01932 794728.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 17th June and interviews will take place on Wednesday 4th July 2018.
Values and Behaviours
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
The values below will be crucial in delivering our corporate strategy, and are what we draw on to make a difference for Surrey residents.
- Listen - We actively listen to others and expect to be listened to.
- Responsibility - We take responsibility in all that we do at work.
- Trust - We work to inspire trust and we trust in others.
- Respect - We are supportive and inclusive and committed to learning from others.
Our behaviours are what people experience when they interact. They encompass how we do our work and how we treat other.
- Be customer focused - We put the customer at the heart of our work and take responsibility to uphold the customer promise in all that we do.
- Work as one team - We collaborate with and involve our partners, customers and colleagues, and build strong and lasting relationships based on listening, trust and mutual respect.
- Make things happen - We plan and deliver our work on time and effectively, making sure we understand the needs and priorities and considering all our options and risks.
- Communicate with purpose - We communicate clearly to all our stakeholders, making sure that we listen, understand and inform in the process.
- Be the best we can be - We embrace the need for change and innovation, taking responsibility to improve our services and processes in the right way.
- Develop ourselves and others - We learn continually, we seek feedback about our own performance and support others to learn.
How to apply
You can find useful guidance on our website to assist you with your job application. There are also further helpful hints, handy tips and employment advice to make sure your application sells you in the best possible way.