Volunteer Shop Assistant Southampton Portswood Road Jobs Vacancy at Scope Southampton
- Volunteer Shop Assistant Southampton Portswood Road
- Southampton ENG
- 17 May, 2018 4 days ago
Scope Southampton urgently required following position for Volunteer Shop Assistant Southampton Portswood Road. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Volunteer Shop Assistant Southampton Portswood Road Jobs Vacancy at Scope Southampton Jobs Details:
- Talking to customers and making them feel welcome in the shop.
- Advising and helping people as they make purchases.
- Operating the till and dealing with various methods of payment.
- Answering customer enquiries.
- Keeping an eye on the security of the shop.
- Supporting shop staff with stock preparation.
- Relevant training.
- Regular meeting with your manager.
- Reasonable travel and meal expenses will be paid upon production of receipts.
- The ability to get along with people and work as part of a team.
- Confident when speaking to customers.
- Basic numeracy.
- A willingness to attend all briefings and training related to your role, where appropriate.
- A commitment to support the work of Scope and represent Scope in a positive way.
- To maintain confidentiality and to operate within the policies and procedures of Scope.
- To value and respect the rights of disabled people.
- To meet time commitments and standards agreed, and give reasonable notice when unavailable, so other arrangements can be made.
How will you benefit
- You will be making a difference to the lives of the UK's 13.9 million disabled people.
- Develop your skills and learn new ones, gaining valuable experience for your CV.
- Gain up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting disabled people.
- Fulfilment of knowing your involvement will make a real difference to disabled people and their families.
How to apply
Use the apply now button to fill in our job application form. If you need them for accessibility reasons, you can fill in the alternative versions of the application forms and send them to email@example.com.
To find out more about the role, please call volunteering on 020 7619 7224.
We're sorry we can't confirm the outcome of all applications. If you've been shortlisted, you'll hear from us within four weeks.