Technical Accountant Jobs Vacancy at Swiss Folkestone
Swiss Folkestone urgently required following position for Technical Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technical Accountant Jobs Vacancy at Swiss Folkestone Jobs Details:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage and validate the accuracy and integrity of premium and claims EDI accounting records submitted via Xchanging Ins-sure Services (XIS) and via broker, client & leader business partners to ensure accurate and prompt recording and payment of premium and claim balances due to and from Corporate Solutions. Provide accurate reporting to management and stakeholders.
- Ensure the premium balances are accurately accounted and collected within terms of trade
- Evaluate submissions and liaise with Business Services, Brokers, Clients and XIS to resolve disparities
- Manage, develop and maintain a thorough understanding of assigned portfolio.
- Set up and review accuracy of new claim records.
- Actively contribute to team and Company goals and KPI's, including key debt targets.
- Follow up missing MRC conditions on a monthly basis to ensure underwriting records are current
- Provide a quality service through continuously improving the efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
- Ensure all control reports are reviewed and actions taken on a monthly basis and signed off by the TL.
- Develop own technical skills and commercial awareness through on the job training, internal training courses, job rotations and self-study.
- Delivering on projects, tasks and other duties as specified by TL or EMEA TA Head.
- Constantly seek to enhance the quality of the data received by recommending areas for improvement.
- Manage and organise own work effectively to ensure that agreed priorities and deadlines are achieved.
- To investigate, analyse and interpret data, providing written and verbal reports as required.
- Own and progress issues, liaising with other departments or more senior members where required.
- Understand and adhere to guidelines and controls, working within the process framework
- Respond in a complete, timely and professional manner to all correspondence from stakeholders.
- Collaborate and maintain excellent working relationships with team members, internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist and support other team members in training and workload management.
About the team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to demonstrate a clear and articulate standard of written and verbal communication. Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out tasks to completion within given parameters.
- An awareness of the impact of financial administration processes and an appreciation of their impact on financial accounting and other areas of the business.
- Self-starter with energy and enthusiasm for tackling workloads and has an eye for detail.
- Clearly demonstrate a "ONE TEAM" ethic, willing to go the extra mile.
- Client focused and results orientated.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good problem solving, analytical and reconciliation skills.
- Have the ability to influence others.
- Willingness to motivate and support other team members.
- Play as one to win, by closely collaborating and adopting a “can-do” mentality
- Take ownership of their work and always strive to do better.
- Understand metrics and the importance of how these are used to drive the business forward.
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced work environment.
- Continued thirst to learn and see the wider picture.
- Excellent time management.
- Ability to learn and use new technology and software tools.
- Understand the concept of value creation and clearly demonstrate a P&L mindset.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum of 1 years' experience working within the London Market insurance or reinsurance industry.
- CII qualification or studying towards a CII qualification.
- Experience of working within a corporate environment, ideally with an insurance premium administration or Technical Accounting background.
- Thorough understanding of MRCs and endorsements.
- Thorough understanding of the London Market Bureau (services offered and systems used).
- Proven track record in working with KPI's and achieving team targets/goals.
- Good Mathematical, English and Comprehension skills.
- Experience in providing excellent customer service.
- Good computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), including the ability to understand and use administration systems (Manhattan & SICSnt), data warehouse (BOXI) & Lotus Notes.
- Knowledge of the main products and services offered by Swiss Re Corporate Solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.