Forensics Mobile Device Examiner Jobs Vacancy at Avon And Somerset Constabulary
Avon And Somerset Constabulary urgently required following position for Forensics Mobile Device Examiner. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Forensics Mobile Device Examiner Jobs Vacancy at Avon And Somerset Constabulary Jobs Details:
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide South West Regional Forces with an evidential Data Investigation capability.
- Utilise a broad range of complex and technical equipment forensically examine digital devices including mobile telephones, memory cards, GPS devices and other submissions as appropriate. The majority of the examinations will be undertaken at the request of the Investigating Officer to provide intelligence and evidence to prosecute offenders.
- Maintain the integrity and continuity of evidence with subsequent presentation at judicial proceedings.
This is a full time position, but we welcome applications from individuals wishing to work on a part-time basis and are willing to consider any proposed flexible working patterns subject to business need.
This role will require the post holder to travel to alternative locations on an ad hoc basis to undertake the role; travel expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with force policy.
Please ensure that your application provides evidence of all the essential experience and specialist skills and knowledge as outlined below, as the short listing process will be assessed against these criteria:
- Qualification in information and communication technology/computer sciences or equivalent experience in technical fields such as telecommunications, electronics or digital media.
- Proven experience in the field and possession of a good up to date knowledge of mobile communication devices, networks and operating systems including Android, iOS and Microsoft.
- Hold a full UK driving licence – or be able to have suitable personal arrangements to be transported to various locations to undertake role as and when required.
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to Hi-Tech Crime including RIPA, Computer Misuse Act, Criminal Justice Act, Data Protection Act and ACPO Guidelines for Computer Based Evidence.
- Proven ability to communicate ideas and information where the subject can be complex and technical, both verbally and in writing in a style that is appropriate to the situation and people being addressed.
- Ability to use information methodically to identify and analyse problems and draw logical conclusions.
- Display tenacity in investigative work and proven ability to make good decisions.
- Ability to work with graphic and traumatic images and information on a regular basis without undue distress and work within a highly confidential environment.
- Ability to retrieve, record, prepare and present evidence to a Court.
- Knowledge of forensic data recovery methods and software and experience of ICCID, IMEI and phone architecture.
- Previous experience in the field of Forensic Investigations.
- Ability to work within strict protocols and able to identify and recommend improvements.
Shortlisting date - Monday, 12th March 2018.
Interview/Assessment date - Wednesday, 21st March, 2018.
For further details or an informal discussion please contact Samantha Strong, Data Forensics Team Leader on 0117 95 5268 or alternatively email at firstname.lastname@example.org
A completed Police Staff application should be submitted to:
- by email – email@example.com
- in writing – Recruitment Team, Police & Fire Headquarters, PO Box 37, Valley Road, Portishead, Bristol BS20 8QJ.