Staff Developer Jobs Vacancy at Arm Ltd Cambridge
Arm Ltd Cambridge urgently required following position for Staff Developer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Staff Developer Jobs Vacancy at Arm Ltd Cambridge Jobs Details:
ARM’s Media ISP group provides image processing technology that you will almost certainly be using today !
Image Signal Processor used in digital cameras (be it a surveillance camera, drone or tablet).
The SoCs at the heart of these devices use our “intellectual property” in the form of software and hardware designs, which is the culmination of years of development in the field of imaging.
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer in Test to join our engineering team based in Cambridge or Loughborough to help us deliver best-in-class ISP software.
This is a newly created tech leader position to help to build a group of QA engineers including hiring, introducing a testing methodology and actually driving the overall software testing activity.
The successful candidate will work on an exciting variety of cutting edge projects, targeting drivers at multiple platforms, controlling ARM’s ISP blocks found in SoCs and FPGA implementations used in digital cameras, drones and mobile platforms.
What will I be accountable for ?
• Work within the QA team to ensure highest driver quality levels throughout
• Own continuous integration and test automation infrastructures; aim for the tightest build/test feedback loop, by selecting and deploying the best tools and frameworks
• Contribute directly to end-to-end testing
• Develop test plans and manage the tractability between the requirements vs test results
Job Requirements Essential:
- Solid knowledge of C and Python programming
- Background in camera software development or testing, including 3A algorithms
- Understanding of image processing algorithms
- Experience of embedded systems development/testing within a commercial development environment
- Recent experience in product validation, tests automation and continuous integration frameworks
- Solid knowledge of Java
- Development for Android on a HAL layer
- Understanding of Android camera HALv3
In Media Engineering you will be working alongside the best engineers in the world, making market leading products for the world’s most successful companies.
With applications in mobile, machine learning, Internet of Things, automotive, security, and embedded devices, your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Our product portfolio includes Graphics, Image, Display and Video IP and our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping Graphics Processor.
We are a global team, working across numerous sites and cultures and we are entering a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
Please take a look at the following video to see what it's like to work in Media Engineering: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
About Arm Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road