Digital Marketing Director The Sun Months Ftc Jobs Vacancy at News London
News London urgently required following position for Digital Marketing Director The Sun Months Ftc. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Digital Marketing Director The Sun Months Ftc Jobs Vacancy at News London Jobs Details:
What’s the job? Digital Marketing Director – The Sun, 12 months FTC
Where do I work? News UK – Sun Marketing
Who’s my manager? GM and CMO – The Sun
Who reports to me? Social, Content Marketing, and Media teams
What’s my personal contribution?
Responsible for the digital growth of all Sun products, including the growth and engagement of thesun.co.uk, The Sun mobile app, Sun Dream Team and Sun Savers. Working as part of a cross divisional team, including editorial, technology, and commercial to drive digital audience and revenues. The Digital Marketing Director is responsible for three core teams – Digital Marketing Campaigns, including the social team, the Media buying team, and Content Marketing team of both marketers and journalists. This role is heavily target driven, and needs a thorough understanding of both performance and content marketing.
The Digital Director is the main contact within the marketing department for traffic driving, increasing brand digital reach, developing content plans for Sun products (Dream Team and Sun Savers), proposition development and marketing integration. Building towards our ‘grow, know, monetise’ strategy across The Sun business.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Deliver audience growth targets across The Sun digital platforms, blending natural traffic growth and paid audience growth activity where required
- Manage and communicate the audience growth performance across The Sun digital teams and within the wider department
- Lead the creation of compelling digital audience propositions to support the Editorial teams, working with agency and internal teams to shape the development of the digital proposition
- Through owned, paid & ASO (app-store optimisation) activity deliver audience growth for The Sun’s app product suite, including Sun Mobile, Sun Classic & Sun Savers app’s
- Interpretation of available analytics and insight into customer activities
- Work with Audience Insight and Analytics & Commercial teams to commercialise The Sun’s digital audiences, converting ‘unknown’ visitors to ‘known’ users
- Lead the Content Marketing teams, and Dream Team and Sun Savers editors, on the content strategy for the Sun products, and delivery of the product UK growth
- The Marketing team representative on The Sun Product Leadership group, help shape, influence and deliver the brand’s product roadmap
- Manage multiple external agency and partner relationships, driving up value of work provided.
- Manage the audience growth budget within the agreed financial perimeters
- Own the partner relationship with all off-platform media (Twitter, F/book, S/chat, etc.)
- Create and manage all digital asset creation and delivery with the comms and agency teams
Useful knowledge, skills and experience
- Deep digital knowledge of on and off platform customer behaviours, channel specialisms including mobile and video
- Extremely strong communication skills with an ability to communicate across levels and across different departments. Ability to build strong relationships that help embed customer led thinking in all design decisions
- A passion and an understanding of how digital performance marketing and content marketing can be exploited to drive differentiation and competitive advantage
- Sound commercial understanding of how advertising and third party revenue streams can monetise digital audiences
- Proven track record of delivering audience results for media organisations
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.