Riverkeeper Jobs Vacancy at Waitrose Leckford
Waitrose Leckford urgently required following position for Riverkeeper. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Riverkeeper Jobs Vacancy at Waitrose Leckford Jobs Details:
Job Type Agriculture Region South East England Location Leckford Preferred Hours Full Time Partnership Level 10 Closing Date 28 Feb 2018 Vacancy Type Permanent Salary 9.79-11.64 increasing to 9.94-11.81 from 1st April 2018. Salary Frequency per hour Hours of Work 39 per week with weekend on a rota basis. earliest start 8 and latest finish 4pm Duties & Responsibilities The John Lewis Partnership's unique Leckford Estate is currently looking to recruit a dedicated individual to assume the role of Riverkeeper.
We are a 4,000 acre estate near Stockbridge, Hampshire. The estate was purchased in 1929 by John Spedan Lewis, founder of the John Lewis Partnership, and we have been farming it now for nearly 90 years. The Leckford Estate is a truly unique places and we are proud to say that the Waitrose Farm, located on the estate is, is the only UK retailer owned farm and produce is supplied to Waitrose stores across the country.
Flowing through the Leckford Estate is the River Test and a number of 'beats' make this a perfect location for those that love to fish for either Brown or Rainbow Trout.
As a Riverkeeper in such idyllic settings, you will be responsible for river bank maintenance, mowing, strimming and weed cutting. Fish farming and instructing on Corporate days on the Lake Fisheries.
We would very much like to hear from you, if you feel that this is a role that you may be interested in.
Job Requirements - Health and Safety: follow safe working practices practices.
- Work to a high standard.
- Be aware that the job is customer facing.
- Tools and PPE to be maintained.
- Biosecurity on Fish Farms.
- Comply with legislation regarding fish farming and movements.
- Good customer service and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Diligent when working on Fish Farms , able to spot early signs of a potential problems.
- Experience in Trout Farming.
- A good general knowledge of Fly fishing.
- Evidence of basic numeracy and English literacy skills.
- Ability to drive a variety of work related vehicles.
- Chainsaw qualification.
- Basic mechanical and woodworking skills.
- Qualification to instruct Fly Fishing, Level 2 CAA.