Cae Project Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Select Engineering Limited Gaydon
Select Engineering Limited Gaydon urgently required following position for Cae Project Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cae Project Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Select Engineering Limited Gaydon Jobs Details:
Project Engineer - CAE
Up to £48,000 GBP per Year DOE
The role is responsible with CAE crash analysis for new vehicle programs.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
Provide a structural analysis capability and design support to the Body Engineering team. This will entail the
use of CAE tools and other calculation methods to assist in the design of components, systems and full
vehicle to meet performance, weight and cost targets.
The role is primarily based around analysing and designing the next generation of platform,
although supporting current programmes may also be required. The successful candidate will own and
lead the analysis of a range of crash, stiffness and/or strength load cases throughout the programme. Other
analysis capabilities including designing for durability and NVH targets may be required.
The successful candidate will be involved in a range of other tasks including:
- Construction of finite element analysis models within existing naming, numbering and model construction processes;
- Assist in target setting process, including development of Design Specifications;
- Responsibility for leading the Failure Mode Avoidance (FMA) process and ensuring that components/systems meet all relevant targets;
- Support the Body Engineering CAD teams, including advice on geometry, materials and fixings;
- Provide support for PMT and PMST functions as necessary;
- Degree in Mechanical, Automotive, Aeronautical Engineering or similar
- Postgraduate degree in Mechanical, Automotive, Aeronautical Engineering or similar
- Experience using LS-Dyna Explicit, LS-DYNA Implicit and Nastran or Optistruct
- A broad knowledge of automotive engineering design and manufacturing, particularly relating to Body Structures and Safety with some experience in NX
- Working knowledge of world safety standards and test procedures
- Excellent understanding of mechanical engineering theory and practice
- Knowledge of materials used in the high-performance automotive or aerospace sectors, e.g. aluminium alloys and carbon composites
- Hands-on experience of FE pre- and post-processing software (e.g. Hyperworks, Oasys suite, Ansa, Medina Mesher, etc.)
- Have the ability to construct a full vehicle crash model from scratch
- Ability to manage and oversee lesser experienced CAE Engineers
- Must be able to learn and adapt quickly, multitask and prioritise and as well to be keen to take on challenges.