Clinical Research Scientist Jobs Vacancy at Glaxosmithkline London
Glaxosmithkline London urgently required following position for Clinical Research Scientist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Clinical Research Scientist Jobs Vacancy at Glaxosmithkline London Jobs Details:
Your Responsibilities :
This role within Clinical Pharmacology Science and Study Operations (CPSSO) combines end-to-end design, execution, and reporting of early-phase (phase I & IIa) clinical pharmacology, patient, and Proof Concept / Proof Mechanism studies with leadership in project teams and across matrix teams. Further, this role may be accountable for leading and managing people within CPSSO.
Key attributes include proven scientific credibility, demonstrated ability to input and influence projects through scientific and operational expertise, and demonstrated excellence in stakeholder management. This role requires strategic thinking, solution-finding, and agility as evidenced by flexibility, adaptability to change, curiosity, and ability to lead and drive change.
Essential behaviours valued in this role include: Continuous improvement and learning, effectiveness at building networks of partners and stakeholders, and ability to lead and inspire others. A track record of applying experience and judgement towards project decision-making, effective peer review, and shared learning is essential.
This role will contribute to individual studies in addition to project level activities, as appropriate. This includes responsibility and accountability for the set-up, coordination, execution and delivery of one or more portfolios of studies, programs, or groups of programs from one or more therapy areas.
The role will:
• Be responsible for the delivery and quality of all clinical studies from protocol concept to final study report and for the validity of all data originating from studies supporting their portfolio, a sub-set of the overall Therapeutic Area (TA) workload.
• Be responsible for reviewing and/or enhancing the technical and scientific robustness of clinical plans and studies developed by the key customers for their designated area, while inputting and influencing.
• Have an established track record of generating alternative solutions and perspectives at project and line level. Encourage others within matrix and line teams to seek alternative perspectives and develop solutions.
• Ensure compliance with ICH/GCP guidelines, all applicable laws and regulations, and GSK SOPs, for all products and services delivered for their designated studies.
• Make decisions which balance risk/benefit with clear understanding of impact on project; takes action to mitigate risk where appropriate.
• Lead and drive significant cross-therapeutic/functional business change initiatives according to company and/or group strategy and business needs. Be accountable for implementing new business processes and strategies; may also proactively identify issues, and propose strategies to manage implications and risks on clinical study/studies timelines, budgets and goals.
• Work closely with CPSSO TA director, Group Manager, and Clinical Program Leads to ensure that budget and human resources within the TA are assigned effectively to meet portfolio demands in the designated TA. Work with matrix partners to develop and manage study level budget within project budget allocation. Look for ways to use resource most effectively to manage workload within IPE/EPE budget and headcount allocation.
• Require active partnership building for their portfolios and collaborate with therapy aligned staff in other functions. Interact effectively across boundaries with other global functions using influencing and relationship-building skills.
Closing date: Monday 26th February
• Broad understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the clinical development process
• In depth knowledge of either study management or data management and knowledge of essential regulatory guidelines worldwide and GSK company policies.
• Ability to establish and build internal and external relationships at all levels in a highly dynamic and matrixed environment
• Highly developed communication skills appropriate to the target audience, promoting effective decision-making where necessary
• Proven expertise in the proactive identification of issues which may impact clinical programmes coupled with the ability to contribute to solutions affecting cross-functional matrix teams.
• Excellent leadership skills
• Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
• Advanced degree (e.g. MS, PhD, PharmD) or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated experience leading in both matrix and line environment to deliver projects, develop clinical plans, and manage change
Why GSK? :
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.