Accounting Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Newcastle Under Lyme College Newcastle-under-Lyme
Newcastle Under Lyme College Newcastle-under-Lyme urgently required following position for Accounting Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accounting Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Newcastle Under Lyme College Newcastle-under-Lyme Jobs Details:
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and suitably qualified individual with excellent communication and organisation skills to take on this role in the Finance department.
Reporting directly to the Group Accountant and working alongside a multi-disciplined team, to assist in the day-to-day running of the Finance Office and financial systems
Duties are varied and include providing a variety of administrative and clerical support within the Finance Department.
In addition to a good standard of general education you should also have previous experience of working in a finance environment. You will have a confident manner with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, excellent MS Office Skills (Word and Excel) and will be able to work efficiently to tight deadlines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To take an active role in the reconciliation of bank accounts and assist in the generation of cashflow forecasts and overall treasury management.
- To generate monthly financial journals including accruals and prepayments.
- To undertake financial reconciliations'.
- To assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts to tight deadlines.
- To assist in the preparation of audited annual accounts.
- To assist in the preparation of financial forecasts and the subsequent devolvement to cost centres.
- To undertake variance analysis to maintain effective budgetary control.
- To complete statutory financial returns (including VAT).
- Has previous experience of working in a finance environment.
- Works with accuracy and pays attention to detail.
- Has the ability to organise own workload, and work to deadlines.
- Has excellent communication skills with a good telephone manner.
The college offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for this role please go to www.nulc.ac.uk/jobs and click on ‘Apply’ to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 4th March 2018
Interviews to be held week commencing 12th March 2018