Cto Jobs Vacancy at Avado London
Avado London urgently required following position for Cto. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cto Jobs Vacancy at Avado London Jobs Details:
We’re searching for a world-class CTO to join our executive team, with the experience and motivation to lead both the Business Technology and Engineering disciplines.
To be successful, you will demonstrate the following:
- Motivation – you should enjoy the challenge of delivering a best-in-class end user experience; by understanding business processes and streamlining them with technology where appropriate. You should also be comfortable switching your context to engineering challenges, like development practices, scalability and DevOps.
- Technical leadership – You will have a good background in either business technology or engineering, with a willingness to learn rapidly in areas you have less experience. You may have a strong grounding in working on the engineering side, leading agile development teams and scaling cloud architectures, or have worked in an ITIL based support organisation delivering end-user IT. The ideal candidate can move easily between both disciplines, albeit supported by exceptional department heads.
- Team leadership – You should have experience building high performance teams, leading technical staff in an agile environment. You will be able to hire, mentor and develop staff through strategically aligned objectives, and create a supportive, diverse and highly motivated culture.
- Security and compliance - selling to Fortune 500 companies requires a higher level of due diligence than in smaller, B2C companies. You should be familiar with PCI DSS and ISO27001 as well as other useful frameworks (FCA compliance, ITIL, Cyber Essentials etc).
What you’ll do
- Deliver on significant transformation projects that are already under-way, including the replacement of legacy line-of-business software (eg CRM/ETL/BPM and telephony)
- Lead the migration of our platforms to the cloud (Microsoft Azure)
- Meet our scaling and performance goals, exceeding 99.99% platform availability
- Leverage our investment in a new CI/CD pipeline in Q1 of this year to maintain a high performance development lifecycle, driven by a philosophy of TDD and continuous delivery to our customers
- Ensure the technology support for our staff across our UK, APAC, US and European offices delights our internal users.
- Maintain and extend the technology strategy roadmap to support and influence our business goals
- Maintain the highest levels of compliance and security to assist us to sell into high-compliance sectors like banking and healthcare
- Encourage contribution to open source software projects, in particular Moodle
- Communicate the company’s technology status and ambitions to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders
Additionally, you may have some or all of the following:
- A background delivering commercial B2B and B2C software/services
- An outcome-focused mindset, with a talent for prioritisation and delivery
- Experience with objective (OKR) setting and performance management in technical teams
- Experience developing forecasts and budgets
- An understanding of Free & Open Source Software communities and contributions
- Naturally curious and collaborative
- Keen attention to detail
- Well developed presentation and communication skills up to executive and stakeholder level
- An understanding of lean and agile principles, and how to apply them outside of software development
About us AVADO is an award winning education (EdTech) business, backed by the UK’s leading venture builder, Blenheim Chalcot. At AVADO we create inspiring learning that has a lasting impact by blending technology, user experience and over one million hours of learning and course design.
AVADO is a global organisation with offices in London, New York, Singapore, Sydney and Hamburg.
The London-based technology team consists of both Business Technology and Engineering teams. Our Business Technology team ensures that our staff and tutors are supported by the best and most user-centric technology, from email to Finance, HR and CRM systems. Our Engineering discipline is responsible for building the next generation of learning platforms (based on the open source Moodle platform), and further supporting and developing our CMS (Sitefinity) and our data warehouse.