Technician Shift Jobs Vacancy at Lubrizol Corporation Mostyn
Lubrizol Corporation Mostyn urgently required following position for Technician Shift. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technician Shift Jobs Vacancy at Lubrizol Corporation Mostyn Jobs Details:
Warwick Chemicals, is part of Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, and we have a simple philosophy: to be the best. Every year over 2 billion people use cleaning products on whose performance depends on a Bleach Activator provided by Warwick. We are the world’s largest manufacturer of TAED a low temperature bleach activator for use in laundry detergents, automatic dishwashing and biocidal applications. We are committed to meet the needs of the future with technology that optimises the quality, performance and value of customers’ products whilst reducing their environmental impact.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide an analytical support service to the Mostyn Site using a wide variety of both classical wet & instrumental analytical techniques on final products, intermediates and raw materials
To report analytical data via a variety of communication mediums including – verbal, written & electronic data transfer to operations management and production operators
To comply at all times with stated company codes of practice related to Health Safety & Environment & Quality management systems
- To ensure all work areas are fit for purpose relative to tasks undertaken
- To ensure that all appropriate Health & Safety requirements are satisfied & that systems of work are employed to maintain compliance
- To ensure that all equipment is in proper working order prior to use
- To generate the relevant documentation with regards to Health & Safety, COSHH & Risk Assessments as required
- To ensure that material testing in conduced in accordance with approved standard operating procedures
- To identify problems arising from process information
- To carry out process evaluations in order to generate the data necessary to support problem rectification & process improvement
- To conduct all experimental work accurately, precisely and promptly in accordance with approved testing schedules & or project plan
- To be responsible for undertaking and completing a minimum of one Organisational Excellence project per year, delivering significant process improvements &/or cost savings to the organisation
- To be responsible for undertaking & completing a minimum of one Gage RR study per year to be agreed with the QA/QC Manger
- To support other improvement projects & departmental Gage RR studies as required by the QA/QC Manager
COMMUNICATIONS AND REPORTING
- To develop and maintain a good working relationship with all areas of the business to ensure work is completed on time & in full.
- To ensure results / outcomes are conveyed in a clear and concise manner by means of verbal, written & electronic data transfer as required
- To ensure all external bodies are supplied with requested / compliance data as formally agreed.
- To ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner in line with the Company’s Quality and Environmental standards, COSHH guidelines etc
- To ensure training records of self are up to date
- To report equipment & facility faults to line manager & instigate work orders for repair as appropriate
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Educated to a minimum of HNC or equivalent in a Chemistry related discipline
- Expereince of dealing with data handling systems
- Solid experience of working in a Quality Control environment
- A background in Analytical / QC roles with some experience of Continuous Improvement
- Able to work independently and within a team environment
- Be comfortable with accepting responsibility and working consistently with a methodical approach
The shift pattern is a 5 shift continuous pattern with 12 hour shifts (Day and Nights) and scheduled 18 day breaks averaging 42 hours per week.
The Mostyn site is located in a small village in Flintshire, North Wales lying on the estuary of the River Dee. This beautiful Welsh Border county has a countryside and coast enriched by a fascinating history with castles dating back to the 13th century and Abbey churches from the 7th century. Excellent road and rail links make it easily accessible, 27 miles from the historic Roman city of Chester with Liverpool and Manchester within a 1 to 1.5 hours’ drive.
Sitting to the west of the county the Snowdonia National Park can be reached in under an hour offering amazing scenery, superb hill climbing, world class mountain bike trails, surfing off the Llyn Peninsular and the Cambrian coastline with big beaches and small coves. The area offers affordable housing, a low cost of living with an outstanding quality of life in a rural setting.