Customer Host Jobs Vacancy at Great Western Railway Gwr London
Great Western Railway Gwr London urgently required following position for Customer Host. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Customer Host Jobs Vacancy at Great Western Railway Gwr London Jobs Details:
GWR is the proud custodian of one of the most prestigious railway networks in the world. Our services call at over 275 stations, stretching across the South West of England.
We aim to transform the way people think about rail travel by setting a new standard – a better experience for our customers. Together we will restore the railways as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the team
You will be working as part of a large team of colleagues providing customer service from the catering department on board our services which travel though the network from Penzance all the way to London Paddington. At Paddington we are on the busiest end of our network so you will be dealing with vast number of customers- leisure travellers as well as regular commuters. You will be providing the support to the rest of the team i.e. Train Managers, revenue and platform staff to ensure the customers enjoy every step of their journey. You will also work aside other Catering departments from stations along our network.
About the job
You will be working on board our fleet of trains, travelling along our network providing hot and cold refreshments, using many different tools such as Trolleys, Atlas Cart or behind Buffets. You will be providing a service to our First-Class travellers and throughout the train to ensure all our Customers have the opportunity to purchase something from our wide range of products which are specially picked from the regions near the railway. You will also assist the staff on board alongside you to ensure our passengers have first class customer service that they deserve such as information about connections, delays or station stops, luggage assistance or meet and greet
What you’ll be doing
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To be an ambassador for Great Western Railway by delivering the best customer experience and a safe journey
- To welcome customers and assist them with their journey, providing information and customer care at all times, but especially when the service is disrupted
- To provide an at-seat service of complimentary items and to take orders and deliver items sold to customers travelling in first class
- To work in the Express Café, selling hot and cold drinks, a range of sandwiches, snacks and other items to customers
- To sell items from an at-seat trolley service in standard class
- To order stock and ensure correct stock rotation and attractive display of items
- To maintain a clean, hygienic and pleasant environment
You’ll need to be:
- Passionate about delivering outstanding customer service
- Flexible, with the ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends and bank holidays
- Comfortable working in a strictly regulated environment
- Proactive with a “can do” attitude
- An understanding of customers’ needs
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to build relationships and work as part of a team
- Experience of front line customer service, ideally gained in Retail or Hospitality
Paddington Station is in the heart of London with great transport links to airports, underground as well as other railway lines. Plenty of shops, pubs and hotels are located within the Station and has popular cafés and eating places such as Starbucks, Bar Burrito or Yo Sushi just to mention a few .
Shift working which will either be starting very early in the morning or finishing late in the evening/ These are subject to change.
You will be required to wear the uniform provided, to the standard required, including safety shoes .
You must live within a maximum of one hour’s travelling time from London Paddington and be able to get to and from work for early starts and after late finishes.
If your application is shortlisted you will be invited to attend an Asssessment Centre on 8th or 22nd March at Swindon Station
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our organisation. And the broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That’s why we’re committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
If you share our passion for the railway then we would love to hear from you.