Hospital Administrator Bookings Jobs Vacancy at Circle Partnership Reading
Circle Partnership Reading urgently required following position for Hospital Administrator Bookings. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Hospital Administrator Bookings Jobs Vacancy at Circle Partnership Reading Jobs Details:
Job Title: Hospital Administrator (Bookings)
Hours: Full time
Closing Date: 23/02/2018
Full Job Description:
Circle Health is a company that runs hospitals and health services in the UK. We were founded in 2004, and we are different to most healthcare organisations for three reasons.
- We have an open and honest culture, which allows our employees to feel empowered and a Circle credo which all our employees are aligned to.
- We run healthcare in a new way: we put front-line clinicians, doctors and nurses in charge. By giving them responsibility and freedom, we believe they will run more effective, safe and caring services.
- And finally, we run some completely new types of service. We built independent hospitals which pioneered five-star hospitality in the UK, and we’re the only organisation running some innovative types of work in the NHS, like our Bedfordshire musculoskeletal contract.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- Booking/Amending outpatient clinic lists.
- Booking/Amending theatre procedure bookings.
- Processing all NHS referrals and confirming appointments with patients.
- Creating bookings for our wait list initiative patients.
- Registering patients to the system, and ensuring top data quality is met at all times.
- Take telephone calls and assist with patient queries.
- Assisting in other departments within the hospital where required.
1. Consistently present a positive image of Circle Reading, and the wider Circle partnership through appearance and behaviour.
2. Receive and relay factual information correctly and promptly.
3. Adapt communication style to avoid jargon and to help with the listener’s understanding.
4. Actively listen to and understand the situation and check back, being attentive and showing empathy.
5. Raise the need for interpreter requirements to meet patient language differences should they arise.
6. Be aware of the need for, and maintain confidentiality both in the written and spoken word. 7. Using specialist skilled knowledge in making decisions and advising other members of staff accordingly.
- Free Parking on site
- Cycle schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- 27 Annual Leave with additional days after qualifying period (pro-rata for part timers)
- Pension Scheme
- Non-contributory Life Assurance
- Health and Well Being programme which includes free fruit, mass