Senior Service Desk Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Welsh Assembly Government Communication Centre Home
- Senior Service Desk Analyst
- Welsh Assembly Government Communication Centre Home
- 22 May, 2018 29 days ago
Welsh Assembly Government Communication Centre Home urgently required following position for Senior Service Desk Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Service Desk Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Welsh Assembly Government Communication Centre Home Jobs Details:
The Welsh Government is the devolved government for Wales with an annual budget of around £15 billion. It is responsible for key aspects of public life in Wales including health, education, the economy, transport, agriculture and the environment.
Welsh Ministers are supported by a workforce of more than 5,000 civil servants with offices in Wales, London, Brussels and overseas.
Welsh Government priorities are outlined in Taking Wales Forward with an overall ambition to build a Wales which is self-confident, prosperous, healthy nation and a society which is fair to all. The Welsh Government has also set out clear priorities for Wales following the UK’s exit from the European Union.
The Welsh Government is looking to attract people who can provide excellent support and advice, can focus resources and have energy and expertise. The Well Being and Future Generations Act provides context for our work.
Digital transformation of public services is vital to delivering the services the people of Wales expect and need. Welsh Government currently delivers a number of digital services to people and business across Wales. We also provide information on our websites.
Led by our Chief Digital Officer, the Welsh Government is increasingly delivering more services online. The Chief Digital Officer provides a consultancy service of digital and data expertise across Welsh Government.
Learning in Digital Wales
Learning in Digital Wales is the Welsh Government programme of action for improving the use of digital technology for learning and teaching. This pivotal education programme provides stakeholders across Wales with consistent access to a wide range of centrally-funded, bilingual digital tools and resources that can support and assist the transformation of digital education practices.
The senior service desk analyst will monitor service desk calls, support service desk analysts in service resolution and intervene in difficult calls.
You will own and update the script for service desk analysts. You will manage availability, coach and develop the service desk analysts.
- Incidents logged via stakeholders are correctly prioritised and handled within Service Level Agreements
- Resourcing levels are managed appropriately, taking account for peak service times
- The Service Catalogue is appropriately maintained
- Support is provided to the wider technical teams
- Manage customer service functions, including responding to issue reports, information and access requests.
- Use results of customer satisfaction measurements to improve services and have good relationships with customers.
- Take ownership of problems and proactively resolves technical problems, ensuring that solutions meet business requirements.
- Take full accountability for actions taken and decisions made.
- Understand and identify problems, analysing and helping to identify the appropriate solution.
- Able to classify and prioritise problems, document their causes and implement remedies.
- Take management information and consolidates agreed key performance indicators into product or service measures that underpin service management of a specific product or service.
- Has an in-depth understanding of service management framework principles and processes and the ability to apply the technical knowledge in project or programme activities.
- Maintain focus on the whole life of service delivery - designs, develops, delivers and operates.
- Puts users first and can manage competing priorities.
We are committed to developing the skills and capability of our staff and encouraging them to use five days of learning a year. To support this we offer a range of opportunities which could include:
- Work based learning
- Short Term Experience Programme (STEP)
- Proactively making links and working with a wide range of Welsh Government teams and external partners including other Governments in the UK.
Welsh Language Requirements
The Welsh Government acknowledges the importance of developing and growing its bilingual workforce, and welcomes applications for any post from candidates who demonstrate their capability to work in both English and Welsh.
The following list of language requirements represents an objective assessment by the line manager on behalf of the Welsh Government of the Welsh language skills required to undertake the duties of this particular post.
Competencies / Job Specific Criteria
As part of your application, please prepare a personal statement that outlines how you meet the following ESSENTIAL requirements for the role. Your personal statement should be no more than 2 sides of A4.
To be successful for this role you will be able to:
- Be a good team player and work effectively across IT operations.
- Manage challenging relationships with internal and external teams and suppliers.
- Focus on delivering timely performance and take responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Visualise, articulate and solve complex problems and concepts.
- Apply logical thinking and information from analysis using comprehensive tools and techniques to make and validate decisions.
- Proactively manage problems which underpin service availability by employing programme, project and risk management methodologies appropriately.
The following technical skills are also ESSENTIAL for success in this role. Please ensure you attach a CV which demonstrates your ability in relation to these skills.
- ITIL qualified to a minimum of foundation level v3
- ITSM Toolset Knowledge
- Demonstrate at least 3 years of experience within IT Service Management field
Additional evidence MAY be provided which references demonstrated experience in ANY of the following skills, considered DESIRABLE for the role (and will be used to distinguish between candidates assessed at a similar level)
- Project and programme management experience, e.g. managing successful programme Prince 2 / Agile
To apply for this role you will be asked to attach the following:
- A Personal Statement of suitability explaining how your experience and skills provide evidence against the essential requirements of the role. Your Personal Statement should be no more than two sides of A4.
- An up to date CV including evidence of the essential technical skills and any desirable job specific capabilities where applicable.
If you are successful at the sifting stage, you will be invited to interview. The interview will focus on your skills and experience in relation to the essential requirements of the role. We may also include a test or assessment if appropriate.
Following the interview, if successful, we may keep your details for up to 12 months on a reserve list should other similar posts become available.
PLEASE NOTE: It is important that you do attach both of these documents (both the Personal Statement and CV) in your online application to be considered for this role.
The Welsh Government offers a variety of benefits, including:
- Support for improving or gaining Welsh language skills for all employees
- Frequent development discussions and the training you need for your role and to grow
- Annual pay increments, allowing you to progress to the top of your pay scale within 3-4 years
- 31 days annual leave, plus a day for Christmas and the Queen’s Birthday
- Generous parental leave, including 26 weeks at full pay for qualifying employees
- Generous pension scheme with employer contributions
- Childcare Vouchers Scheme, saving up to £933/year
- Cycle to Work Scheme: choose a brand new bike up to £1000, saving at least 32%
- Advances of Salary: request advances for Christmas, computer equipment or Tenancy Deposits
- Season Ticket Loans
- Flexitime policy
How to apply
All applications for this vacancy should be made online via the Welsh Government's online application system. If you have a disability which would prevent you from applying on-line, please e-mail SharedServiceHelpdesk@gov.wales to request an application pack in an alternative format, or to request a reasonable adjustment related to a disability in order to submit your application.
To apply, you'll need to have an account on our online application system. Click the 'Apply' button below, and you'll be asked to 'Log in' if you already have an account, or 'Register' if you don't yet have an account. Registration takes just a few minutes to complete. You'll need an e-mail address to be able to register. Once you've registered for an account and logged in, you'll be taken to the online application form, which you'll need to fully complete and submit before the deadline on the closing date.
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy in Welsh, please use the ‘Newid Iaith / Change Language’ link at the top of this page, to take you to the Welsh version of this advert, from which you can apply in Welsh.
For further information regarding the Welsh Government recruitment process, please see the Recruitment Guidance for External Candidates (link).
When evidencing your suitability for the post, it is recommended that you refer to the Civil Service Competency Framework (link)