Head Application Services Operations Jobs Vacancy at Conde Nast London
Conde Nast London urgently required following position for Head Application Services Operations. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Head Application Services Operations Jobs Vacancy at Conde Nast London Jobs Details:
Condé Nast International publishes 128 magazines and 100 high-quality websites and apps in 11 countries around the world, reaching more than 200 million unique users. Some of our world famous brands are Vogue, GQ, Wired, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Condé Nast Traveller and Architectural Digest.
Condé Nast International Digital is running a major digital business transformation, encompassing our initial web platform migration, transformation of our Enterprise Technology and systems, and a long-term commitment to investing into our digital capabilities. Enterprise Technology is part of Condé Nast International Digital.
Enterprise Technology delivers and operates business applications (i.e. design, publishing, CRM), back office applications and infrastructure. The Enterprise team operates and supports the new web platform and delivers and operates some digital systems (Digital Asset Management and digital magazine editions). The transformation of Enterprise Technology within Condé Nast International is critical to the future success of the business. Enterprise Technology is reshaping itself to unify the CNI business by building modern and agile systems across all markets, whilst working with the digital teams who are delivering our customer facing website and applications. The technical platform the team will deliver in the next few years will enable Condé Nast International to take the best advantage of its digital business and enable further diversification into other business areas.
We are searching for an experienced Head of Applications Services to lead the team. The current team develops and supports a number of our international applications (AWS, support engineers, vendor management, testing and service delivery colleagues.
You will establish an international support and operations model for services currently delivered by the group company and ensure the provision of a highly effective and efficient service to the 11 countries. As we change the technical platform for business applications and back office you will build a team to operate and support our current and future technical platform.
You will have past experience of managing an agile and digitally focused business. You will have managed application delivery, operations and support teams across multiple geographies and separate business units. You will have a good technical understanding across various technologies with a solid understanding of cloud, SaaS and business applications.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated who will learn and grow within a highly dynamic and collaborative team. You are a leader who effectively communicates across cultures and promotes a one-team mindset across separate teams in an international environment.
You will work closely with a wide set of colleagues within CNI Digital and across our markets, including product, editorial, engineering, strategy and commercial, to deliver a best in class technical operation.
This is a great opportunity to work with a small but growing team to enable the growth of some of the world's best loved brands.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and develop a team that encompasses all activities required to deliver the end-to-end run service, including:
- Establish and run an international application, AWS and infrastructure support function
- Currently this covers 2 nd /3 rd line support of a small number of international applications (Salesforce, Adobe AEM, custom built applications for digital editions, Okta).
- Establish an international support model for new international applications (e.g. our custom built web platform)
- In conjunction with the Director of Enterprise Technology carry out an ‘as is’ state review and future state roadmap planning for support and operations. Determine the support sourcing model in terms of internal resources and 3rd parties, geographic considerations, processes etc.
- This will likely encompass an international service desk once our technology platforms are consolidated.
- Enterprise applications and cloud/infrastructure administration and operations
- Ongoing application delivery (development and testing) of established Enterprise Applications
- Service delivery governance (support, technology change/release governance, business service management)
- Vendor management of Technology vendors. Manage strategic and tactical supplier relationships. Ensure vendors deliver the contracted service and drive improvement through service improvement plans and Vendor reporting.
- Transition of technology projects into run/operations.
- Team leadership, team development and mentoring/coaching. This includes regular 1:1's, team meetings, objective setting, performance measurements and personal development plans. Drive a culture of service improvement and customer excellence.
- Provide thought leadership on new technologies (such as SaaS, Cloud, Digital) and methods (such as DevOps) to improve the operations and support of international applications.
- Ensure the successful ongoing delivery of run services. Sensibly balance maintaining process and governance with delivering business requirements and working in an agile manner.
- Implement and continuously improve best practice Service Delivery processes that ensure run services support the business within agreed service levels, with effective management of costs and risks.
- Manage communication with the business, including overall service performance, major service outages and updates to individuals reporting incidents.
- Recommend and implement tools to best deliver operations and support internationally.
- Provide the application and technical engineering resources to work with Product Management, Project Management and Business Analysis to develop and deliver sprints on established business applications.
- Manage and improve the testing processes of sprints for established business applications.
- Provide adequate reporting against the service portfolio in order to monitor service levels, support decision making and closely monitor costs and risks.
- Develop and implement operational IT policy and procedures.
- Manage the monitoring and admin of applications and infrastructure.
- Develop, reach agreement on and implement OLAs/SLAs with the business for international systems.
- Execute against technical IT polices and standards which will be defined by the Architecture function (not yet established).
- Support the delivery of projects to time, cost, quality, and risk by effectively managing the transition of projects into run, providing expert resources and running effective ITIL change management processes.
- Maintain up to date awareness of the business, external market, trends and contribute ideas for technology innovation to drive business value.
- Continue to build our culture of trust in a vibrant environment where problems are raised without blame or judgement, focused on problem solving, and continuous improvement.
Essential Skills & Requirements
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Past experience of managing a successful application support and technical operations functions (including service desk) across more than one country.
- A reputation for delivering run services in a structured manner, but with a very pragmatic approach, working collaboratively with business colleagues to deliver the right outcome for the organisation.
- The ability to setup a new support function (processes, staffing and tools) for international business applications, back office and infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience of leading technical staff.
- Expertise at critical thinking and problem resolution.
- Experience managing international 3rd party vendors including contract and service improvement.
- General expertise with Enterprise applications and infrastructure management/monitoring.
- A breadth and depth of technical understanding to be able to solve problems, make decisions and guide delivery within this environment.
- Technical expertise in the following platforms:
- Cloud infrastructure (ideally AWS)
- Cloud Applications (e.g. O365, Google apps, Salesforce)
- Business applications (marketing, productivity tools, CRM, Finance, HR etc.)
- Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory
- Desktop (Mac OS X and windows)
- Networking (WAN/LAN)
- Experience of working in agile, fast-paced, changing environments.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, ensuring confidence in conflict resolution, and enabling them to adapt their style to different stakeholders. Can build strong relationships quickly and work collaboratively with a broad range of stakeholders. Sensitive to organisation and global cultures.
- Social and naturally collaborative, with the ability to lead and exercise influence by organising and motivating the team.
- Exceptional time management skills to facilitate all aspects of the team's planning and prioritisation process.
- Confident and approachable manner.
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities with little oversight.
- Positive and enthusiastic about taking on daily issues and bringing them to conclusion on behalf of the team.
- Willing to travel internationally as needed.
- Ability to speak a second language would be highly advantageous.
- Experience of working within an organisation with presence across Europe and Asia.
- Experience of any of the following technologies:
- Adobe Experience Manager
- Digital Asset Management Systems
- Content Management Systems
- CRM, such as Salesforce
- Service desk systems
- Identity management systems
- Adobe CC Enterprise