Senior Analytical Automation Specialist Jobs Vacancy at Lonza Slough
Lonza Slough urgently required following position for Senior Analytical Automation Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Analytical Automation Specialist Jobs Vacancy at Lonza Slough Jobs Details:
To develop and establish automated methods to replace manual processes in the lab relating to performing analytical methods and sample preparation. Working towards and help to define automation strategy for the Process Analytics department. Job Description
- Manage and challenge vendor relations.
- Focus on electronic knowledge management system and migration of paper-based recording onto electronic lab notebooks.
- Train in manual analytical methods as required to support the department.
- Write reports to an agreed standard suitable for final review by project lead.
- Critically review and interpret raw data & information to produce good quality process knowledge .
- Check for any issues affecting assays relating to scientific integrity, interpretation of data, calculation, transcription errors and SOP deviations.
- Prepare and deliver presentations for internal use, customers and external conferences (as required).
- Demonstrate flexibility to support other activities within the team/department.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of BSc in relevant scientific / technical discipline and significant laboratory experience.
Demonstrated experience in the establishment of automated liquid handler systems and the development of automation methods to replace manual scientific processes (purification, assay, sample preparation).
Experience in the troubleshooting of automated liquid handler systems and processes with knowledge of liquid handler programming (at least 1 system type).
Good working knowledge of biochemical methods as applied to protein analysis, able to communicate professionally and effectively with keen attention to detail. prioritise instructions and manage own time effectively. Willing and able to take responsibility for own actions and decisions.
Proficiency with standard and specialist software e.g. Microsoft Office packages, file systems, browsers, liquid handler specific software. Strong Excel programming experience (Macros, VB, Access linking).Responsibilities Education Work Experience Certifications Skills Language(s) Lonza. The place to Go, Stay and Grow.