Investment Associate Private Equity Research Jobs Vacancy at Cambridge Associates Llc London
Cambridge Associates Llc London urgently required following position for Investment Associate Private Equity Research. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Investment Associate Private Equity Research Jobs Vacancy at Cambridge Associates Llc London Jobs Details:
Cambridge Associates is a leading global investment firm. We work with non-profit institutions, pension plans, and private clients to build investment portfolios that help them meet their philanthropic goals, pensioners’ obligations, or personal endeavors. Our goal is to meet clients wherever they are in the investment process. We offer a variety of services to complement those needs, from acting as an outsourced investment office to providing access to our world-class digital research platform. Committed to independence since our founding more than 40 years ago, we are motivated only by what is best for our clients.
Our clients trust the experience, leadership, and integrity of our investment professionals. We have a global team of outstanding investment advisors and an extensive research platform to support them. With more than 1,200 employees in nine locations around the globe, we are constantly looking to discover new ideas for our clients’ portfolios. This extensive network helps us to identify and access the best global investment opportunities all over the world.
Investment Analysts in Private Equity Research (RAs), assist Investment Directors (IDs) in the evaluation of private investment managers and the monitoring of current market conditions for the benefit of Cambridge Associates and its clients. Sectors of focus include European, Middle East and African (EMEA) private equity, EMEA venture capital and EMEA private debt. The EMEA research team consists of several RAs who work under the supervision of one to two IDs.
- Coordinate and participate in fundraising meetings and portfolio updates with private investment fund managers. Participate in private investment manager assessment process, including writing summaries of each meeting for distribution within the firm.
- Work with IDs and RAs to complete in-depth written due diligence on private investment opportunities. Responsibilities include: attending and participating in manager on-site meetings, analyzing a manager’s organization, investment strategy, investment performance, and fund legal terms; conducting reference calls with portfolio company CEOs and senior-level professionals; and preparing materials for investment committee meetings.
- Serve as a resource to client-facing IDs seeking current information on private investment opportunities, including data and analysis, comparison to other fund managers, and the opinion of the private investment research team.
- Monitor market trends related to fundraising and investment activity and contribute to periodic market updates that are accessed by IDs and clients.
- Prepare materials for and participate in monthly firm-wide meetings in which the global private investment team discusses recent manager meetings and current investment opportunities of interest with client-facing investment directors.
- Represent Cambridge Associates at annual manager meetings when required.
- BA/BSc in any discipline, strong preference for business related studies
- Private Equity experience preferred
- Proficiency in Dutch, French, German, Portuguese Spanish or Swedish strongly preferred.
- Strong interest in investments, particularly alternatives.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and writing skills
- Ability and willingness to engage in conversation with managers and references.
- Ability to clearly articulate views and opinions (verbally and written)
- Solid MS office skills (in particular Word and Excel, knowledge in Access or VBA would be beneficial)
- Ability to work both independently and in a team under tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel across the above mentioned coverage regions and the US occasionally