Systems Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Stratus Selection Limited Stevenage
Stratus Selection Limited Stevenage urgently required following position for Systems Design Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Systems Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Stratus Selection Limited Stevenage Jobs Details:
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Salary: Up to £45,000 P/A + Benefits (Overtime, Bonus, Pension, Holiday Pay & more)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Systems Engineer | Systems Design | UML | SysML | Rhapsody | DOORS | Matlab | C++ | Simulink
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Design Engineer / Systems Engineer to join an ambitious, innovative technology / scientific engineering company based in Stevenage. The Systems Design Engineer / Systems Engineer will have the responsibility for undertaking overall systems engineering design activities for a selection of UK based projects. These activities provide a consistent systems engineering approach to all stages of product development; from concept to in-service support.
The System Design Engineers / Systems Engineer will provide the main technical focus for the companies’ primary development projects and major sub-systems contracts, and will interface with both customers and suppliers on technical issues.
The Systems Engineering design team have a proven track record in developing systems to meet demanding customer needs, making use of new technologies and methodologies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the product range.
Duties include (Full specification is available upon request)
- Requirements Specification and Design – carrying out a full range of technical analyses and investigations, preparing specifications and developing designs.
- Concepts studies, research and development.
- Flow-down of system requirements to subsystem requirement specifications.
- Define and maintain design justification record providing linkage from system requirements to subsystem requirements.
- Development of system-level test sequences.
- Model Based System Engineering (MBSE)
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent
- Adaptable approach – capable of focussing on the UK and European customer’s needs, taking into consideration existing constraints in design proposals.
- Team Player, capable of working jointly with others from various disciplines to reach a consensus agreement.
- Good verbal and written communications
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Pro-active / self-starter
- An ability to use their enthusiasm and drive to work autonomously and efficiently to influences team members and other stakeholders in producing technical outputs of good quality in a timely manner.
- Experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment.
- Good understanding of system engineering processes including SysML (training can be provided).
- Experience in DOORS (training can be provided).
Stratus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment