Senior Vendor Manager Jobs Vacancy at Amazon London
Amazon London urgently required following position for Senior Vendor Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Vendor Manager Jobs Vacancy at Amazon London Jobs Details:
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online.
By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Now Amazon is adding selection for B2B (business-to-business) customers.
Amazon’s BISS EU team (Business, Industrial and Scientific Supplies) is seeking an experienced Senior Vendor Manager to help accelerate Amazon’s positioning and business in product categories targeting professional users. Amazon's BISS EU scope currently encompasses 15 categories (Industrial Tools & Instruments, Test and Measurement, Janitorial and Sanitation, 3D Printing, Occupational Health & Safety, Lab Supply, Janitorial & Sanitation, Professional Medical Equipment, Tapes/Adhesives/Lubricants/Chemicals,Material Handling, Food Service, Industrial Electrical Supplies, Metalworking, Educational Supplies, Professional Dental, Flow control, Power Transmission ). In the US, BISS has existed for 8+ years and currently covers 24 product categories.
This is an industry is seeing strong growth in e-commerce and undergoing rapid changes, and where Amazon can be a true thought-leader.
For reference for Amazon’s long-standing BISS US websites, please visit: http://www.amazon.com/industrial-scientific-supplies/b/ref=sd_allcat_ind_sup?ie=UTF8&node=16310091
In Sep 2015, we launched BISS in Europe, across 5 marketplaces (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain)
Please visit the link to our UK-store as an example: www.amazon.co.uk/industry (similar links are available on our 5 marketplaces)
Here you can find also our official launch press release in English: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=251199&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2089352
The Senior Vendor Manager will play a critical role in helping grow BISS across all 5 European marketplaces. You will drive the business in key segments (a product category or set of categories) of the industry, managing Amazon's relationships with BISS vendors in these segments.
You will be responsible for the growth of the business, increasing available selection, continuously improving site content and product availability and driving a great experience for Amazon’s customers.
The successful candidate must be highly organized and should have experience in planning, forecasting, and a business background in retail, wholesale and/or e-commerce channel sales.
The right candidate will be flexible, self-standing, action- and results-oriented.
Amazon’s environment is very fast-paced, and requires someone who is highly enthusiastic, flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple international teams and management.
The position will be based in Amazon’s office in London.
This is your chance to make history.
1. Design and own the sourcing strategy (direct/ indirect supply, priority brands, selection and terms) for one or more of the key segments of the BISS-category
2. Manage all vendor relations and drive high-level negotiations of agreements/deals with leading brands
3. Support the execution of technical integration with suppliers and support projects to more efficiently source stock and assimilate vendor catalogues
4. Agree with vendors on promotions and marketing initiatives and coordinate with the Marketing team to execute these activities
5. Be an ambassador of Amazon for the BISS category, developing deep knowledge of supply/ demand trends and success drivers
6. Participate in day-to-day operational aspects of the category, including gathering and addressing customer feedback, price management, business improvement initiatives
Basic Qualifications • Graduate degree
• Work experience ideally in an online, retail, e-commerce or consulting environment
• Strong business judgement with a track record of successful negotiations
• Excellent communication and standing, and ability to establish and manage relationships with senior counterparts
• Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are essential
• A track record of proven success in past positions
• Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment is essential for success.
• Proven analytical skills, including advanced experience of Excel including Macros, Pivot Tables, V-Lookups
• Fluency in English and German
Preferred Qualifications • Engineering or business degree, MBA
• Proficient in one or more other EU-5 languages than English (i.e., French, Spanish, Italian)
• Experience in Healthcare industries would be great, but this is not a hard requirement