Patient Advocacy And Communications Lead Jobs Vacancy at Novartis Pharmaceuticals Camberley
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Camberley urgently required following position for Patient Advocacy And Communications Lead. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Patient Advocacy And Communications Lead Jobs Vacancy at Novartis Pharmaceuticals Camberley Jobs Details:
Novartis is currently recruiting for a Patient Advocacy & Communications Manager to join the Communications Team to work on creating and managing mutually beneficial partnerships with patient organisations and stakeholders.
The purpose of the Patient Advocacy & Communications Manager role is to develop patient-centric activities that help Novartis to get the right drug to the right patient at the right time in compliance with internal and external policies.
1. Develop and lead Disease Area Franchise Patient Strategy to build advocacy & strategic partnerships that differentiate and maximize the potential of therapies throughout the life-cycle in line with overall franchise strategy and business objectives. Key contact with Patient Organisations.
2. Implement effective advocacy strategies via an integrated planning process, working cross-functionally, and with national Patient Organizations to shape and support the environment in driving awareness and access to treatments.
3. Act as the voice of patients within the company, to highlight patients’ needs and opinions to the CPO.
4. Support further development of a patient inclusion strategy, aligning internal and external stakeholders and assessing potential patient opinion leaders and/or patient organizations for long-term partnerships.
5. Build internal and external stakeholder relationships to improve the reputation of Novartis and its commitment to improve patient outcomes.
6. Cooperate with Patient Organizations to understand patient needs, finding common objectives, share information and co-create innovative ways to develop solutions to patients and caregivers.
7. Lead cross-functional cooperation with Public Affairs, Market Access, Medical and Marketing at a local and global level.
8. Ensure compliance in all interactions throughout the organization and maintain regular liaison with the Regional and Local compliance function to ensure that all processes and activities comply with internal and external policies (NP4, IPHA, global guidelines).
Benefits of Working for Novartis:
Competitive salary; Annual bonus
Pension scheme; Share scheme
Health insurance; 25 days annual leave
Flexible working arrangements
Subsidized dining facilities
Employee recognition scheme
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
#LI-NOV = Novartis
- Educated to degree level in business, science or communications.
- A masters degree would be an advantage
- A track-record of successful patient advocacy communications or policy influencing in the healthcare/pharmaceutical sector.
- Experience in communications sector - public relations, media etc
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons