Manufacturing Operatives Fixed Term Contract Jobs Vacancy at Danone Liverpool
Danone Liverpool urgently required following position for Manufacturing Operatives Fixed Term Contract. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manufacturing Operatives Fixed Term Contract Jobs Vacancy at Danone Liverpool Jobs Details:
You’ve probably never heard of Nutricia Advanced Medical Nutrition but read on and you’ll be glad you did. We are Danone’s Medical Division and are Europe’s largest specialist nutrition company and the market leader in the UK. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Liverpool employs over 300 people and is dedicated to the development and manufacture of medical nutrition products. To ensure the quality and safety of our products a unique feature of our plant is that it is completely protein free, which is quite a challenge in the supply chain and control of the working environment.
We now have some fantastic opportunities for Manufacturing Operatives on Fixed Term Contracts for 9 months.In this role you will be involved in a variety of tasks within the manufacturing area including dispensing, collation and blending of the powdered raw materials.
In dispensing and collation you will be responsible for; transferring and weighing specific quantities of specialised powders as dictated by our product control system. You will be labelling, allocating and collating these items into specific work orders that are driven by the production schedule. You will also be responsible for cleaning equipment where necessary.
In blending you will be responsible for; transferring collated material in line with our product control system, grinding and blending powders as dictated by the production schedule and transferring finished products to the relevant packing lines. You will also be responsible for completing CIPs on blending equipment as dictated by the production schedule.
What do you need to be successful in this job? The right person will be someone who wants to make a real impact in their job role and who enjoys taking the initiative, coming up with new ideas and driving forward improvements. You’ll be the type of person who is self-motivated and who frequently looks to go above and beyond what is required.
Of course you will also be a flexible team worker with good communication skills and be able to remain vigilant and think on your feet to spot and solve problems whilst on the job. Previous experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with a sound understanding of GMP, HACCP and 5S is essential.
You’ll join us as a Trainee and will receive a structured learning programme to ensure that you are equipped with the skills needed to undertake the role. As such you will need to be the kind of person who is eager to learn and wants to develop their skills.
In return you’ll get a fantastic benefits package and trainee basic salary of £20k per annum + shift allowance of 25%.
Once you have completed your training and demonstrated that you are fully competent you can expect to be earning a basic salary of £22,000 + shift allowance. We anticipate this to be within 6 months of your start date.
The 3 week rotating shift pattern you will be required to work is:
- Nights – Sunday to Thursday 10 – 6 (8hrs) 40 hr week
- AM - Monday to Friday 6-2 (8hrs) 40 hr week
- PM – Monday – Friday 2-10 (8hrs) 40 hr week
What would I do on a day to day basis?
- Operation of production equipment in adherence to policy, rules and procedures, working within WISE (Working In a Safe Environment) framework, ensuring Safe Behaviour at all times
- Identify and report health or safety hazards & dangerous situations and put appropriate control measures in place, raising safety contacts where unsafe acts or practices are identified
- Carry out risk assessment as appropriate
- Coordinate audits for good housekeeping/5S, raise safety tags and complete actions with a proactive approach
- Operation and cleaning of production equipment, in compliance with GMP and HACCP guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure full adherence to quality procedures such as Critical Control Points, processes and standards in line with Quality Management System (QMS) & Danone Quality Food Standards
- Perform and record in-process checks to verify that all products produced meet product standards, maintain a clean workstation and maintain the highest standard of right first time
- Responsible for maximizing production quality and output in their area
- Perform product visual quality checks
- Fully accountable for completion of documentation standards and inputs/scanning into our Manufacturing IT system (MES)
- Proactively highlight any potential Quality or Food Safety risks before they occur and put appropriate measures in place to remove them
- Ensure the manufacture of product to specification at right time & cost ensuring Right First Time approach.
- Responsible for ensuring the maximized output is achieved in area, through performing AM checks, employing SMED principles, 5S and prioritising workload
- Responsible for driving direct and indirect KPI’s
- Anticipate problems in order to avoid impact to customer service.
- Proactive and flexible approach to routine Continuous Improvement though delivery of Kaizans and employing the “100 year fix” approach
- Pro-actively problem solve and responsible for the output in their area
- Empowered to drive continuous improvement activities within area, challenging processes and procedures to drive improvement to ‘World Class’.
- Completing line product changeovers
- Able and willing to rotate between different areas within Manufacturing eg Dispensing, Collation, Blending, Packing Lines
What does the ideal candidate need?
- Industrial experience, particularly within a fast-paced FMCG, food or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment fast paced manufacturing environment whilst also maintaining high quality product/quality standards
- High level of mechanical and technical knowledge with the capability to operate and maintain manufacturing and packing equipment
- Experience of working in FDA and ISO regulated environments
- Good knowledge of GMP, HACCP and 5S
- Experience in continuous improvement projects
- Familiar with working in highly regulated, change controlled environments
- Experience in working in a high care environment and gowning procedures
- Experience of working in dry powder environments
- Ideally familiar with CIP processes
- Technical qualifications preferable but not essential
- Experience in using hoists
- Experience in MES systems
- Good team-working and communication skills
- Able to work independently and use own initiative. Can think ahead in order to maintain operational efficiency
- Excellent attention to detail
- Questions and improves current working practices while following change control procedures
- Makes sound decisions based on data and information received
- A logical mind-set with the ability to solve complex, technical problems
- Good written English and Maths skills
- Basic level IT/System skills
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively between tasks
Interested in this role and have the experience we are looking for? Please submit your application through jobs.danone.com
All you need to do is upload your CV and answer the required job-related screening questions before Monday 7th May 2018.