Field Application Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Intel High Wycombe
Intel High Wycombe urgently required following position for Field Application Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Field Application Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Intel High Wycombe Jobs Details:
As part of Intel, we will continue to apply Moore's Law to drive the future of field-programmable gate array FPGA technology. The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) has been delivering industry-leading custom logic solutions to customers since inventing the world's first reprogrammable logic device in 1984.
In order to take advantage of the many opportunities that we see in the future for FPGA's, particular in algorithmic acceleration for high performance computing, PSG is looking for outstanding Field Application Engineers (FAEs) to join our team.
As an FAE Field Application Engineer in the sales organization, you will be responsible for assisting customers with the design and implementation of their product requirements, utilizing our FPGAs, Intellectual Property, and Enpirion power solutions.
This role will include product positioning, on-site customer support as needed and will include being a technical consultant to our key customers as they go from architectural evaluation through completion of their designs. By understanding customer system requirements, and providing expertise in the use of our products, we enable them to bring competitive products to market in a timeframe that maximizes their success. We value technical excellence, customer focus, professionalism, and teamwork.
Your specific role will include the following:
- Contribute and execute to territory, account and opportunity plans as part of the Strategic Sales Team
- Engage with our customer's high level system architects and key decision makers to understand their systems applications, influence their design choices, and provide creative solutions to their problems, ensuring that they are architected with and around Intel PSG products
Align with the key influencers both at Intel and the customer's technical staff to coordinate design support and technical training
- Demonstrate teamwork and ability to work effectively in informal and formal teams with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Have strong presentation and communication skills to present capabilities of Intel's product portfolio and perform demonstrations of feasibility studies and proofs of concept in customer meetings and seminars
- Ensure that Intel's roadmap is aligned with our Customers long-term requirements by being an internal advocate for their product and support needs
- BS in Electronics Engineering or equivalent with minimum of 5 years of industry experience.
- Strong background in programming languages (OpenCL, Cuda or C++) or embedded software
- Good understanding of how to mapping mathematical algorithms into hardware (Processor, GPU, DSP, FPGA).
- The person filling this role should be comfortable presenting the value of Intel's solutions to customer design groups, as well as one on one discussions.
- Regular Business travel required.
- MSEE, MSCS, or MS in Computer Engineering.
- Experience in FPGA, ASIC, or digital design.
- Proficiency in the use of FPGA development tool.
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.