Senior Consultant Transport Strategy Planning Jobs Vacancy at Ghd
Ghd urgently required following position for Senior Consultant Transport Strategy Planning. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Consultant Transport Strategy Planning Jobs Vacancy at Ghd Jobs Details:
Primary Location- United Kingdom-England
SENIOR CONSULTANT – TRANSPORT STRATEGY & PLANNING, LONDON
With more than 8,500 people around the globe GHD is a leading engineering, architecture and environmental consulting firm, servicing clients across five continents.
GHD’s core service sectors include water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings and transportation and our people share a passion for successful project delivery, innovative consultancy and exceptional results.
As our group continues to grow in the UK we are looking for talented individuals to join our expanding team, to deliver engineering, design and consultancy solutions to our clients across all sectors.
TRANSPORT STRATEGY AND PLANNING
Our skill lies in our ability to identify and predict the interaction between the various components of the rail system and the operational environment at every stage of the planning process – from defining the operating concept through to delivery. Our approach often uses a range of modelling tools and techniques, from bespoke spreadsheet models of varying complexity, to the use of standard tools such as MOIRA, RailSys or ArcGIS.
Our aim is to deliver outstanding value for money through bringing innovation, clarity and transparency to our evaluation techniques, allowing us to focus time and effort delivering the project requirements.
As part of GHD’s Transport Strategy and Planning team, the successful applicants will possess excellent data management and analytical skills, along with the ability to clearly present and communicate findings from a large and complex set of data.
The position will be based at GHD’s London office and will report to Cara Murphy, Team Leader – Transport Strategy and Planning.
Key Roles and Responsibilities will include :
- Responsible for managing key workstreams with strategic input and technical involvement in transport economics, transport planning, business case development and transport scheme appraisals.
- Provide good commercial and financial acumen to transport projects, including supporting financial and cost modelling exercises and reviewing commercial agreements
- Provide an innovative and problem solving approach to consultancy, adding value for our clients and developing strong client relationships
- Contribute to bids, proposals and peer reviews for business development and to expand our transport strategy and planning capabilities
- Support wider business development initiatives and raise the profile of GHD through high standards of project delivery, thought leadership and client networking
- Provide support and develop project team members, graduates and other professionals where required
- Collaborate and build relationships with other GHD offices and teams
QUALIFICATIONS, TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Degree qualification and/or at least 3-5 years relevant experience
- Numerate and analytical with good spreadsheet modelling capabilities
- Experience of business case and value for money appraisals in accordance with HM Treasury Green Book
- Familiarity with key transport appraisal guidance such as WebTAG and the Passenger Demand Forecasting Handbook
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of transport (particularly rail) industry structure and challenges
- Familiarity with timetable planning and transport operations, in particular, rail
- Advanced use of Microsoft suite, particularly Excel and Access
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate should demonstrate at least two of the following competencies:
- Experience of demand forecasting and modelling for franchising and non-franchising applications, including elements of trip distribution, generation and mode choice modelling, revenue modelling, crowding and capacity analysis, etc
- Knowledge of public transport fares and ticketing strategies, including revenue protection measures and industry advances in smart ticketing solutions.
- Bespoke model development using Microsoft Excel or Access
- Experience of some other aspects of transport planning, such as accessibility studies, light rail schemes, highway modelling, interchange studies, parking studies, freight studies, airport studies, toll roads, private finance initiatives, traffic engineering and development planning
- Familiarity with transport industry tools and datasets such as MOIRA, RailSys (or other performance modelling and planning software), LENNON, NRPS, NTS, GIS, LinSig, Transyt, Junctions9, VISSIM, Sidra, EMME modelling packages, TRICS, etc
It would also be beneficial for the candidate to demonstrate an appropriate portfolio of clients and the ability to assist in networking with potential new clients for GHD.
PERSONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates strong client focus and commercial awareness
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Has the initiative to develop new approaches and new ways of thinking
- Pro-active and self-motivated, with the desire to make a valuable contribution
- Collaborative and adaptable team player
GHD offers a competitive salary and benefits package, together with a global network of professional expertise.
We enjoy working in a professional and supportive environment of safety, teamwork, respect and integrity, where everyone has the opportunity to develop their career and make a valued contribution.