Distribution Technology Intern Jobs Vacancy at Viacom International Media Networks London
Viacom International Media Networks London urgently required following position for Distribution Technology Intern. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Distribution Technology Intern Jobs Vacancy at Viacom International Media Networks London Jobs Details:
The role of the Intern, Distribution Planning & Design is created as a training position in the team to provide opportunity for the appropriate candidate to gain the very specialised skillsets in Broadcast TV Signal Distribution.
The Intern is to learn and develop their skillset by assisting the senior members of the team in the development, design and implementation of solutions and technology in line with business needs for the purposes of TV signal delivery (contribution and distribution) on Viacom’s Distribution Platforms.
The role is UK based with possible occasional overseas travel for short periods.
This role reports to the Distribution Architect, Distribution Planning &Design.
The Distribution Planning and Design team function reports to the VP Distribution Technology and Affiliate Services.
The Intern shall undertake to assist the Senior members of the team in the performance of their duties to gain experience and personal development and as appropriate through gaining capability, begin taking some of the specific responsibilities of the Engineer position in the Viacom Career Pathing Infrastructure Engineering track.
In particular, the Intern is tasked to assist the day to day activity of the senior Engineer. The Intern must assist the Senior Engineer to:
- Perform the hands-on tasks related to research and development activities into distribution and contribution technologies for the purpose of Business Development opportunities and in identifying efficiencies. (examples: contribution, capacity planning, lights out infrastructure, convergence)
- Participate in the undertaking of proofs of concept and fair evaluations to prove technologies to meet current and future business commercial objectives.
- Implement and handover new infrastructure solutions, prepare documentation, document processes and procedures, and other associated activities.
- Support migration efforts to the future infrastructure
- Study the product lifecycle of infrastructure to assure operational availability; specify changes for implementation; gather data and analyse capacity and performance.
- As and when required, participate with a senior member in the support the in house Distribution Operations and Support Team and participate in problem management for installed solutions providing 3rd line support to in house support teams.
- Continuously update documentation including lessons learned from problem management and ensure that documentation is kept up to date.
- Initiate the implementation of new technologies for their area of the infrastructure.
In addition, the Intern shall be responsible to demonstrate continuous learning by learning through:
on the job activity,
- specific knowledge transfer sessions with senior members of the global team
- participation in projects within the remit of the Global Distribution Technology and Affiliate Services team
Success to the Internship is the Intern’s demonstration to aspire to specialise in the skillsets of the Distribution Technology and Affiliates Services AND to aspire to work at the level of Engineer in the Infrastructure Technology track in the VIMN Career Pathing.
Essential Core Technical Skills:
- Possesses extreme enthusiasm for technology demonstrated through activities at school/college/university/community.
- Demonstrate an appropriate technical ability either through educational qualification or personal experience of at least one of the following: Networking, Knowledge of Broadcast Signals, Knowledge of Software Engineering or any related Engineering discipline.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and assimilate technical knowledge whether through educational qualifications or otherwise.
- Ability to build and hold working relationships.
- Ability to work with industry acknowledged experts.
- Good written and spoken English and an ability to communicate with associates at all levels.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Be prepared to be placed under pressure to perform tasks to deadlines as part of the Internship.
- Ability to use office computer various applications for example, Microsoft Office, Visio, AutoCAD or any equivalent products.
- An attention to detail and a methodical and rigorous approach to tasks.
- Technical knowledge in a related engineering discipline at second year undergraduate level, an appropriate qualification is desirable but not necessary for the Intern.
- Very passionate about technology.
- Desire to learn and assimilate knowledge.
- Demonstrate completion of a small technology project either from a course or hobby.
- Any knowledge of DVB, IP Networking, Programming Hardware, Satellite, Cable or Terrestrial Television, IPTV, broadcast signals or wireless technologies.
- Creative Excellence
- Passion & Optimism
- Teamwork & Transparency
- Flawless Execution
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role.