Financial Engineer Quant Developer Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Tlp Consultancy Ltd London
Tlp Consultancy Ltd London urgently required following position for Financial Engineer Quant Developer Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Financial Engineer Quant Developer Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Tlp Consultancy Ltd London Jobs Details:
Quant Analyst/ Financial Engineer/ Quant Developer
£50,000 - £75,000 + package
London (City) with work also at London based client's offices
My client is a specialist consultancy in financial technology.
They help investment banks, asset managers and hedge funds transform their business by enhancing their trading, risk management and E-commerce systems.
Their experienced team of consultants combines creative thinking with practical advice. They identify process improvements. They develop Middleware solutions and extend financial software applications. They manage demanding IT projects, integrating complex systems into their clients' infrastructure and operations.
Background: Successful candidates will work within my client's consulting practice providing project-based services within the Financial Services arena, covering areas such as electronic markets, trading and risk management. My client offer a demanding and rewarding environment, and ultimately a great place to work. Working for a smaller company means that staff can gain a wide variety of experience, and there are no artificial restrictions to the speed of career progression.
Job Description: The role is for financial engineers, who are keen to contribute to mission-critical systems development and deployment. Projects can be performed either on the client site, or on an outsourced basis at their offices.
Skill Set: My client are looking for candidates who are client presentable and articulate and who would enjoy the variety inherent in working for a consultancy.
The successful candidate will have strong financial mathematics experience to post-graduate level, and will be able to contribute in areas such as the validation of financial models.
In addition, the candidate will have experience of aspects of the Financial Services industry such as risk calculation and pricing, risk aggregation, trade processing, or market data.
The candidate will have some programming skills in C#, C++ or Java, but not necessarily to full 'developer' level.
Skills and Qualities
Eligible candidates will have practical working knowledge in:
- Financial regulations such as: Basel III, FRTB and MIFID
- Financial markets, cash and derivative products in: IR, FX, credit, equities or commodities.
- Standard derivative pricing mathematics, quoting conventions, operational processes and data requirements.
- Model validation (market, credit or operational risks).
- Market risk management, including VaR, backtesting, Stress Testing and Expected Shortfall.
- Trading book credit risk management, calculation methodology, PFE and XVA. Liquidity risk management, regulatory reporting, margining and collateral for bilateral and cleared derivatives.
- Stochastic calculus and advanced derivative pricing techniques.
- Have a Masters level or equivalent in finance and/or a scientific background with 3-5 years financial modelling with a front office context.
- Be client facing with the ability to form and present clear and concise arguments, as well as produce professional business documentation.
- Be self-driven and to have demonstrated innovative commercial applications of their knowledge within a relevant area of pricing, modelling or risk.
- Take part in both pre-sales and project activities, with the aim of progressing towards an SME or project management position.
- Experience in writing models in languages, such as: Matlab, R or C++, Knowledge of C# or Java would be a plus.
- Maintain their own prototype models or be familiar with standard pricing libraries such as Quantlib.
Prior investment banking experience preferred but not essential.
Experience in project management and/or production software implementation would be an advantage
The ability to adapt and communicate in the technologically and quantitatively diverse and changeable environment is key for all consultants, whether they choose to specialise in a quantitative area or take on a leadership/advisory role.
Compensation, Careers and Culture My client look to remunerate according to productivity and experience. Remuneration includes base salary, bonuses, benefits and the possibility of equity participation. Their deterministic bonus system ensures that remuneration is predictable and transparent.
But remuneration is not the only important area where the company can contribute to the welfare of the individual. Skills usage and development is equally important for all: They strive to get the right balance when assigning their people to projects to make use of existing skills (but without becoming boring) and providing exposure to new skills (but without leaving people out of their depth). In addition, they sponsor a range of industry recognised training programmes to build up expertise in technology, finance and management.
Once somebody has become established with my client, typically after a year, they look at the work they are doing and the parts they enjoy, such as coaching, application of technology, client relationships. Once they have a better understanding of an individual's life interests, they look at how this can be incorporated within the company, to ensure a long and enjoyable career.
TLP Consultancy Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.