Bid Project Director Jobs Vacancy at Bombardier Derby
Bombardier Derby urgently required following position for Bid Project Director. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Bid Project Director Jobs Vacancy at Bombardier Derby Jobs Details:
Bid Project Director - UK-TWMA-UKDY01351910
Bid Project Director - UK
REQUISITION NUMBER: TWMA-UKDY01351910
We are currently looking to recruit a Bid Project Director - UK
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies – built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology – conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.
Based in Derby and typically reporting directly into the UK Managing Director, you will be responsible for leading one of our largest and most critical new-build rolling stock bids. You will ensure the integrity and feasibility of the project as specified in the customer documents and the bid strategy. The role will have responsibility and accountability for successful delivery of the bid providing leadership to a diverse, multi-functional bids team alongside the Bid Director.
1. Work with the Bid Director to provide an executable, risk mitigated delivery plan that meet customer expectations, scoring criteria and internal demands for cash-flow, delivery milestones, margin and EBIT
2. Drive the core bid team to align and harmonise product development, manufacturing, testing and maintenance schedules to deliver against customer and internal requirements
3. Form strategy for customer and internal transformation to provide confidence, de-risk and drive resource, budget and environmental planning
4. Work with core bid team including Bids Engineering, Bids Finance, Procurement and Contracts to understand risks, opportunities and mitigations
5. Drive external partners and stakeholders in solution development, risk management and executable project delivery strategies
6. Lead the risk and opportunities process including, Critical Items Assessment, multi-functional workshops and management of the ROP database
7. Capture and challenge all assumptions related to the project and make sure they are aligned with other bid assumptions
8. Drive completion of all relevant SMB documents at defined points in the bid process
9. Attend all bid core team meetings and governance events as required
10. Contribute to documents in preparation for these events and complete all actions arising from the PDCA
11. Produce relevant elements for the Blue Book and other governance processes
12. Implement project delivery strategy to bid and assist with handover from bid to project
- Degree educated at a minimum with other professional project management qualifications desirable
- A wealth of experience in Project management/bidding
- Experience of working with other cultures
- Experienced in working on complex, high value bids or projects worth in excess 1bn euros
- Demonstrable strong, confident leadership skills with experience delivering in a matrix organisation
- Knowledge of the structure and landscape of the UK Rail sector highly desirable
- Demonstrates pace, energy in overcoming obstacles.
- Able to maintain momentum through sheer determination, bringing the team with them.
- Excellent continuous improvement mindset - always determined to be the best and drive project improvements
- Knows who and what to influence in order to get things done.
- Builds energy and drive through adopting a participative management approach
- Ability to flex between various management styles at different parts of the bid
- Thinks creatively, not constrained by previous experiences or expectations
- A depth of experience engaging, influencing and negotiating with customers and internal functions to meet challenging targets
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative.
You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
We are helping create a better world.
ECO4 - the formula for energy-saving performance.
By making a difference today, we are helping create a better world for future generations. Having pioneered the philosophy of "The Climate is Right for Trains", we demonstrate this rationale by offering vehicles with practically zero emissions that are almost fully recyclable energy.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Job: Business Development
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular