Receptionist Jobs Vacancy at Cats Protection
Cats Protection urgently required following position for Receptionist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Receptionist Jobs Vacancy at Cats Protection Jobs Details:
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity. We now help around 190,000 cats and kittens through our network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 34 adoption centres and homing centres.
We are looking to recruit a part time Receptionist at our Bridgend Adoption Centre. This role is to provide information and assistance to the general public, volunteers and other stakeholders over the telephone, through face to face communication and via email, and to provide administrative support to the Adoption Centre.
- To receive members of the public and visitors to the centre in a polite, welcoming and professional manner.
- To manage a high volume of enquiries to agreed standards and in accordance with Cats Protection policies.
- Collate information on enquiries received and maintain detailed and accurate records.
- To file data, and perform other routine clerical tasks as assigned by the Adoption Centre Manager or Deputy Manager, including Gift Aid, Petplan insurance, neutering vouchers, and other relevant paperwork.
- Order and manage stock levels of relevant office supplies.
- To liaise verbally and in writing with customers/suppliers/visitors/enquirers and respond in a professional manner.
- To assist the Centre in building positive relationships within the local community, encouraging support for donations, and providing helpful advice to the public using all available resources and referring as necessary to cat care staff and other departments within Cats Protection.
- To be responsible for the administration of all donations and cash receipts in line with current guidelines.
- Work with colleagues to order, merchandize and sell shop goods and maintain displays of Cats Protection literature in the centre.
- Actively promote the importance of donations, fundraising and other income to the general public and to work with others to increase income.
- To use a variety of standard office equipment, including a computer (plus various software packages, including Paws), telephone, fax, till etc to help fulfill your role.
- To undertake induction and continual training to keep skills and knowledge up to date as required by Cats Protection.
- To be aware of and work within The Data Protection Act.
- To adhere to any Health and Safety legislation applicable to the duties carried out.
- Our ideal candidate will have experience of working on a busy reception desk, and will be a confident communicator
- have a friendly and positive attitude
- Microsoft Office skills are essential as well as excellent organisational skills
- In addition, an empathy towards cats is essential, as is a flexible and adaptable nature
Interview Date: TBC
To reward you we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.