Assistant Track Maintenance Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail Glasgow
Network Rail Glasgow urgently required following position for Assistant Track Maintenance Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Track Maintenance Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail Glasgow Jobs Details:
You will manage and direct the Technical Support Team to provide production, performance, assurance, technical, analytical, and data quality support to the Maintenance Engineering team. About the role (External)
A key part of this role will be to monitor asset performance, reliability, productivity and efficiency. You will provide technical guidance, support and undertake survey and design work, managing the assurance and non compliance process. Your experience will enable you to undertake technical inspections and investigations, providing requirements to arrange track monitoring and receive outputs. Your experience will enable you to review and approve method statements and designs for work activities as required.
1. Manage and direct the Technical Support team to achieve business and functional objectives and meet key performance measures.
2. Manage development of individuals and the engagement of the team.
3. Manage the arrangements for staff safety and competence.
4. Monitor asset performance, reliability, productivity and efficiency.
5. Provide technical guidance and support.
6. Undertake survey and design work.
7. Manage the assurance and non compliance process within the delivery unit.
8. Undertake technical inspections and investigations.
9. Provide local requirements to arrange track monitoring trains and receive outputs.
10. Maintain the accuracy of systems, databases and records.
11. Review and approve method statements and/or plans for design and/or work activities as required.
12. Undertake an agreed programme of staff surveillance, work quality and asset condition checks.
13. Undertake on-call cover at a frequency of 1 week in 8.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant technical competence
- Knowledge of maintenance delivery processes and techniques
- Knowledge of safety and compliance management processes
- Knowledge of operational railway environment
- Detailed knowledge of relevant standards and procedures
- Failure/incident management and rectification techniques
- Knowledge of other functional disciplines
- Good interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisation skills
- HNC/HND or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of coaching techniques
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3000 (to a maximum amount of £2,250).
Network Rail positively embraces flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Network Rail adheres to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range : £39,514 - £44,453 per annum.
Closing date: 27-09-2017 , late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes Currency GBP