Technical Consultant Upgrades Migrations Jobs Vacancy at Sage Winnersh
Sage Winnersh urgently required following position for Technical Consultant Upgrades Migrations. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technical Consultant Upgrades Migrations Jobs Vacancy at Sage Winnersh Jobs Details:
In this highly customer-interactive role the Technical Consultant will be required to have an excellent understanding and experience in upgrading/migration of ERP solutions and other systems, including having a commercial outlook, so that they can identify any further opportunities for professional services. The role is focussed on the provision of successful ERP consultancy by providing input on technical upgrade/migration aspects of Sage X3 implementations at pre-sales, through to implementation.
The consultant will be required to upgrade/migrate from multiple 3rd party or other add-on systems, and perform/assist with data migrations to Sage X3. The Technical Consultant will provide the highest level of customer and partner satisfaction, giving an Extraordinary Customer Experience at all times. They will ensure our customers and partners maximise the investment they have made with Sage and will drive retention of the existing customer base by migration/upgrades from an existing portfolio of products.
The Technical Consultant will be required to be technically minded and have a real passion for technology, willing to expand on their current knowledge and can keep up within a fast-moving landscape. Having a can-do attitude and being highly motivated is essential - Sage is looking for self-starters who have a pro-active approach.
The position requires a Technical Consultant who has strong experience in upgrading of ERP solutions, requirements analysis, application design, software configuration, user training and support and troubleshooting (technical and application). In addition, the Technical Consultant need to be able to hit the ground running and can work independently or as part of a team.
The role demands the ability to understand the customer’s objectives, translate them into system configurations, identify gaps and solutions, provide technical and application expertise through training, workshops and knowledge transfer thereby enabling the system to pass through user testing and into a production environment.
Their role will support ambitious growth plans to reflect aggressive future revenue targets by rapidly deploying solutions to our customers. The Technical Consultant will provide the highest level of customer satisfaction, giving an Extraordinary Customer Experience, at all times. They will be regarded as a technical expert in Sage X3 and through their expertise ensure our customers and partners maximise the investment they have made with Sage.
The role will help build the reputation of the Enterprise Professional Services Team and will be critical to achieving the quality, profitability of all engagements and customer references that are sought.Responsibilities
Key accountabilities and decision ownership: (8 or 10 max)
As Technical Consultant, you’ll be responsible for:
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of Sage X3 technical capabilities and upgrade/migration processes to deliver services in support of Sage Business Partner Enablement. This will be through hands on project experience but also through self-study
- Achieve Product Expert level in X3 Technical Migrations as well as certification on multiple other products within the Sage Product Portfolio, e.g. Sage X3 People, EDM, SEI, SDMA, Crystal Reports, etc.
- Effective and professional delivery of ad-hoc training courses/ knowledge sharing or workshops to an audience of implementation, support and presales consultants using real-world experience and examples
- Provision/input of knowledge material to the Training team, collaboration with Training Experts on the design of Training topics and materials
- Develop close working relationships with Sage Business Partners to determine their specific needs for Sage assisted project implementation. Deliver those services such as scoping, estimating, configuration, implementing/upgrading and tuning Sage X3 whilst being shadowed by Business Partner Consultants
- Engage and provide input to Technical Needs Analysis – technical upgrades/migrations scoping, requirements gathering, technical solution / system design, resulting in signed off system sizing/configuration documentation
- Preparation of professional technical documentation
- Technical project governance – supporting a project manager and project team to identify and mitigate technical project risks, defining technical stream delivery plans and estimates for implementation services
- Technical investigations / system audits, preparing findings / recommendations reports and supporting customers / Business Partners to follow up recommendations
- Define and deliver Technical Workshops and other enablement initiatives to accelerate Business Partner learning
- ‘Troubleshoot’ customer issues and problems on-site, using the opportunity to develop and build relationships with the customer and Sage Business Partners to ensure effective implementation of Sage X3 for our end customers
- Remain abreast of industry trends and requirements within the ERP sector
- Record all meetings and appointments accurately and to submit planned and actual consultancy time and engagement reports
- Support marketing events as required (e.g. at seminars and new release training)
- Provide input to Sage X3 Product Development and Product Management as appropriate
Skills, know-how and experience:
Must have: (5 or 6 Max)
- ERP Technical experience spanning full project lifecycle
- Excellent knowledge of ERP Installations/Upgrades/Migrations, spanning multiple solutions and industries, e.g. Manufacturing, Finance, etc.
- Technical background - experience in ERP system architecture
- Proficiency with the application layer and customisation environment of at least one major ERP or CRM application: Sage X3, SAP - ABAP, BAPI, Oracle - Open Interface Tables, PL/SQL, Siebel - eScript, SalesForce.com – APEX.
- Excellent training skills - the ability to transfer knowledge as an expert using techniques to engage the delegates and enhance the learning experience
- The ability to digest complex technical information quickly and formulate this into a comprehensive and concise format
- Ability to clearly communicate technical approach and status
- Strong analytical skills: able to gather, analyse and interpret data to aid decision making
- Proactive solution oriented problem-solving skills and the ability to come up with innovative solutions
- Ability to write in a clear, concise and professional manner using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader. Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of written and verbal formats with a wide range of people
- Comfortable working to challenging timescales
- Ability to break down tasks and estimate work assignments
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage own time in a deadline-driven environment with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to deal with difficult customer situations
- Forward thinking and proactive
- Must be available to travel to client sites and spend time away from home working on projects
- Knowledge of Sage product/ service portfolio – Sage X3 preferred
- Strong technical awareness with product knowledge of other mid-market ERP solution, including but not limited to the following:
- Significant technical consulting experience implementing/upgrading ERP systems for mid-market customers
- Significant experience acting in a technical consulting role, providing input to technical governance and management of projects
- Software installation and configuration skills
- Sage Application Framework for Enterprise (SAGE X3)
- General implementation methodologies, e.g. direct cutover, parallel, phased, pilot, etc.
- In-depth knowledge and experience on SQL Server and/or Oracle databases
- General technical knowledge (Networking, Security (SSL/SSO), etc.)
- Successful track record in the delivery of ERP projects on time and on budget
- Demonstrable experience of providing ERP software solution based professional and training services
- Software installation/migration focused training delivery
- Technical consultative delivery
- Commercial experience within the ERP sector
- Experience of BI solutions
- Confidence to work independently as well as within a team
- Team player who can work constructively with fellow team members
Technical / professional qualifications:
A relevant Computer Science/Engineering degree (2.1 or 1st ideally) is beneficial, but not required
Key performance indicators: (3-5 Max)
- Achievement of UKI Enterprise PS and Training Budget
- Achieve and maintain X3 Technical Certification
- Become the SME for a specific skill set, i.e. integration into SFDC, Anaplan, Coupa, etc.
- Generating PS Revenue from Upgrades & Migrations
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting - working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model - 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues' time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.