Technical Consultant Upgrades Migrations Jobs Vacancy at Sage Winnersh
Sage Winnersh urgently required following position for Technical Consultant Upgrades Migrations. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technical Consultant Upgrades Migrations Jobs Vacancy at Sage Winnersh Jobs Details:
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of Sage X3 technical capabilities and upgrade/migration processes to deliver services in support of Sage Business Partner Enablement. This will be through hands on project experience but also through self-study
- Achieve Product Expert level in X3 Technical Migrations as well as certification on multiple other products within the Sage Product Portfolio, e.g. Sage X3 People, EDM, SEI, SDMA, Crystal Reports, etc.
- Effective and professional delivery of ad-hoc training courses/ knowledge sharing or workshops to an audience of implementation, support and presales consultants using real-world experience and examples
- Provision/input of knowledge material to the Training team, collaboration with Training Experts on the design of Training topics and materials
- Develop close working relationships with Sage Business Partners to determine their specific needs for Sage assisted project implementation. Deliver those services such as scoping, estimating, configuration, implementing/upgrading and tuning Sage X3 whilst being shadowed by Business Partner Consultants
- Engage and provide input to Technical Needs Analysis – technical upgrades/migrations scoping, requirements gathering, technical solution / system design, resulting in signed off system sizing/configuration documentation
- Preparation of professional technical documentation
- Technical project governance – supporting a project manager and project team to identify and mitigate technical project risks, defining technical stream delivery plans and estimates for implementation services
- Technical investigations / system audits, preparing findings / recommendations reports and supporting customers / Business Partners to follow up recommendations
- Define and deliver Technical Workshops and other enablement initiatives to accelerate Business Partner learning
- ‘Troubleshoot’ customer issues and problems on-site, using the opportunity to develop and build relationships with the customer and Sage Business Partners to ensure effective implementation of Sage X3 for our end customers
- Remain abreast of industry trends and requirements within the ERP sector
- Record all meetings and appointments accurately and to submit planned and actual consultancy time and engagement reports
- Support marketing events as required (e.g. at seminars and new release training)
- Provide input to Sage X3 Product Development and Product Management as appropriate
- ERP Technical experience spanning full project lifecycle
- Excellent knowledge of ERP Installations/Upgrades/Migrations, spanning multiple solutions and industries, e.g. Manufacturing, Finance, etc.
- Technical background - experience in ERP system architecture
- Proficiency with the application layer and customisation environment of at least one major ERP or CRM application: Sage X3, SAP - ABAP, BAPI, Oracle - Open Interface Tables, PL/SQL, Siebel - eScript, SalesForce.com – APEX.
- Excellent training skills - the ability to transfer knowledge as an expert using techniques to engage the delegates and enhance the learning experience
- The ability to digest complex technical information quickly and formulate this into a comprehensive and concise format
- Ability to clearly communicate technical approach and status
- Strong analytical skills: able to gather, analyse and interpret data to aid decision making
- Proactive solution oriented problem-solving skills and the ability to come up with innovative solutions
- Ability to write in a clear, concise and professional manner using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader. Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of written and verbal formats with a wide range of people
- Comfortable working to challenging timescales
- Ability to break down tasks and estimate work assignments
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage own time in a deadline-driven environment with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to deal with difficult customer situations
- Forward thinking and proactive
- Must be available to travel to client sites and spend time away from home working on projects
- Knowledge of Sage product/ service portfolio – Sage X3 preferred
- Strong technical awareness with product knowledge of other mid-market ERP solution, including but not limited to the following:
- Significant technical consulting experience implementing/upgrading ERP systems for mid-market customers
- Significant experience acting in a technical consulting role, providing input to technical governance and management of projects
- Software installation and configuration skills
- Sage Application Framework for Enterprise (SAGE X3)
- General implementation methodologies, e.g. direct cutover, parallel, phased, pilot, etc.
- In-depth knowledge and experience on SQL Server and/or Oracle databases
- General technical knowledge (Networking, Security (SSL/SSO), etc.)
- Successful track record in the delivery of ERP projects on time and on budget
- Demonstrable experience of providing ERP software solution based professional and training services
- Software installation/migration focused training delivery
- Technical consultative delivery
- Commercial experience within the ERP sector
- Experience of BI solutions
- Confidence to work independently as well as within a team
- Team player who can work constructively with fellow team members
- Achievement of UKI Enterprise PS and Training Budget
- Achieve and maintain X3 Technical Certification
- Become the SME for a specific skill set, i.e. integration into SFDC, Anaplan, Coupa, etc.
- Generating PS Revenue from Upgrades & Migrations
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.