Caretaker Jobs Vacancy at Ocs Peterlee
Ocs Peterlee urgently required following position for Caretaker. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Caretaker Jobs Vacancy at Ocs Peterlee Jobs Details:
- Be responsible for the cleaning of designated areas (e.g. litter bins, gutters, gullies and traps, removing graffiti) and consumables replenishment and body spillages. - Be responsible for carrying out cleaning duties when there is a temporary reduction in staff
- Be responsible for monitoring energy usage and supplying meter readings
- Check the operation of the fire system on a regular basis, as directed by the PPM system
- Carry out monthly fire door checks as part of the PPM schedule
- Undertake minor maintenance tasks (e.g. changing light bulbs and strips, fuses, plugs, unblocking drains, minor joinery etc)
- De-ash Bio Mass boilers as required once full training is given.
- Move furniture and equipment (in keeping with manual handling guidance)
- Supervise the movements of vehicles in the school grounds, assist with the unloading of delivery vehicles and distribution of goods within the school and logging through the helpdesk
- Responsibility for securing of the building, respond to callouts and make appropriate emergency arrangements as required.
- Be responsible for the opening and closing of the premises (including gates) and the activation/de-activation of security alarms.
- Ensure debris, leaves, snow and ice are clear and ensure safe access to all areas of the school are cleared.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- To be able to undertake basic maintenance tasks ie plumbing, identifying leaks, minor joinery tasks, fixing door handles,
- IOSH Certificate would be desirable.
- Certification of Legionella Legislation awareness
- IT Literate, MS Office/competent in the use of Excel, Power point/Smartphones/Helpdesk
- Experience in a similar role would be preferable although training will be given where appropriate
- Demonstrates a proactive response when dealing with customers.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload in a front line, sometimes reactive environment.
The OCS Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of facilities management and property support services.