User Experience Researcher Jobs Vacancy at Sainsburys Coventry
Sainsburys Coventry urgently required following position for User Experience Researcher. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
User Experience Researcher Jobs Vacancy at Sainsburys Coventry Jobs Details:
In a nutshell
Sainsbury’s’ Experience Design team is looking for an experienced and passionate user researcher to support the UX research manager in raising the bar on user research to support customer-centric design within Sainsbury’s. This position supports the design team by conducting research and testing across Sainsbury’s digital products and services to ensure our vision is validated and aligned against the needs of the user.
What I need to do
- In collaboration with the UX research manager and the wider multidisciplinary team, conduct and manage user research for Sainsbury’s that will inform product roadmaps, concepts and design direction
- Determine measurable and actionable user experience metrics for various digital products with the digital experience management team
- Act as an ambassador of UX research best practice and help the wider Sainsbury’s business to understand the behavioural usage patterns which users will engage in when using their devices, as well as, anticipate interaction issues
- Design and execute user research that focuses on interaction design outputs that will inform future product development
- Use the research output to communicate how user interface designs will be perceived by end users
- Work closely with insight and research teams and help leverage their data to inform design
- Present user insights to project stakeholders at all levels
- Support the design and delivery of large software platforms over several release cycles in a fast moving retail organisation.
- Consult with relevant stakeholders
- Select the right approach for given research need
- Generate evidence-based actionable recommendations
- Contribute to improvements in the KPIs of Digital Experience team products as set out by the Digital Experience team objectives
- Inform the Digital Product Roadmaps through user research findings
- Where appropriate, ensure that work is executed collaboratively with the Sainsbury’s insights team
- A test and learn approach is applied to all digital product development at Sainsbury’s.
- Proven success conducting user research in a large-scale software platform setting, or equivalent.
- Experience working at all stages of the product development process is highly desirable, as this will help the user researcher to prioritize research activities and proactively identify important areas in the designs which will require user research guidance
- Experience working closely with designers and developers, to drive effective user research
- Must be comfortable with high-level of ambiguity
- Experience with heuristic approaches
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g.: study plans, reports). Academic qualification in related field, e.g. cognitive psychology, human factors, HCI
- Strong background in applying qualitative methodologies and experience with quantitative tools desired.
- Confident & can-do attitude
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Nimble, creative, pragmatic approach to product user research
- Capacity to work quickly whilst delivering high-quality outputs
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Multi-skilling and prioritisation skills
- Understanding of product strategy, design and UX disciplines
- High level of interest in retail
- High level of confidentiality
- Impact and influence skills
- Eager to develop professionally.
- UX Research Manager
- To escalate to the UX research manager any concerns on the sign off of design and UX that are aligned with the findings of research conducted
- To escalate a design decision that has been made either within the Digital Experience team or within the Sainsbury’s wider business that does not meet the agreed standards to the Digital Experience Management team
- To plan and prioritise user research schedules across all product development.