Warehouse Attendant London Jobs Vacancy at Air Canada London
Air Canada London urgently required following position for Warehouse Attendant London. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Warehouse Attendant London Jobs Vacancy at Air Canada London Jobs Details:
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This role deals directly with the public, other airlines, agencies and Company employees by providing Cargo warehouse services in a manner prescribed by the Company. Air Canada encourages internal progression, therefore opportunities may arise for the position to act as a Lead Warehouse Attendant if required
- Accept / deliver Cargo & Mail whilst verifying piece count. Ensure that associated paperwork is correct and the shipment is correctly marked and labelled.
- Build-up and breakdown pallets, Containers and Bulk Carts
- Load and unload trucks
- Store Cargo & Mail in appropriate warehouse locations, reporting as required
- Received and answer enquiries from the public, other airlines, agencies and Company employees
- Physically handle Cargo & Mail manually or by machine, e.g. forklift
- Drive Company vehicles when required
- Deliver trans-shipments to other airlines when required
- Accept and process Hazardous / Restricted material shipments in accordance with Company and Government Agency regulations
- Perform weekly Bond & Rack checks to assist with the location of any missing Cargo / Mail
- Ensure that damaged Cargo / Mail is reported correctly as per Company procedures
- Liaise directly with Leads, Coordinators and Managers regarding daily operational concerns
- Maintain BAA Airside ID pass as required
- Ensure compliance with ACU online training
- Previous Cargo Warehouse experience an advantage
- Good verbal and written skills, with a high level of accuracy
- Must have an ability to use tact, good judgement and initiative
- Ability to work under pressure, plan workload and work to deadlines with minimal supervision
- Must be a team player and represent Air Canada in a professional manner
- Wear Company uniform as prescribed and conform to Company grooming standard
- Required to wear PPE in designated high-risk areas
- Shift work with emphasis on flexibility to fit operational requirements
- Full valid UK driving licence
- Current Forklift licence
- DfT Security trained
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Job : Airport & Cargo
Primary Location : GB-MDDSX-LONDON-LHR
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting Start Date & Job Posting End Date: : Feb 13, 2018, 3:59:12 PM | Feb 27, 2018, 11:59:00 PM