Scientist Jobs Vacancy at Sgs Glasgow
Sgs Glasgow urgently required following position for Scientist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Scientist Jobs Vacancy at Sgs Glasgow Jobs Details:
Main Purpose of Role
• To perform laboratory development, validation and testing procedures in accordance with the relevant protocols, study plans and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• To assist the managers in scheduling the department workload, ensuring the laboratory areas are adequately resourced, and that all work is performed in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
• Effectively manage client-sponsored regulatory studies, and in-house studies, in discussion with clients, managers and other staff as appropriate. As SD/Sc/RS, ensure that laboratory areas are adequately resourced and that all work is performed in compliance with GLP and/or GMP, and provide clear, regular and appropriate updates to clients.
• Provide regular updates to Department Managers regarding the status of ongoing projects and studies, including any deviations, non-conformances and out of specifications immediately.
• As SD/Sc/RS, interact with clients and SGS QA and Department Managers with respect to any deviations, investigations and out of specifications, ensuring that root cause and contributory factors are understood and appropriate corrective and preventative actions (CAPAs) are identified where possible, and that CAPAs are completed appropriately.
• If required, act as Principal Investigator on multi-site studies in compliance with OECD Series on Principles of GLP and Compliance Monitoring, Number 13. The Application of the OECD Principles of GLP to the Organisation and Management of Multi-site Studies.
• Perform all laboratory work and data analysis and reporting in a timely manner and to a high standard, and in accordance with all relevant procedures, Study Plans and SOPs. Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with GLP/GMP, and ensure all work is performed in accordance with relevant health and safety procedures and that all risk assessments relevant to the work being performed (COSHH, GMO etc) are read and understood prior to undertaking work. Perform all relevant Quality Control checks in accordance with the requirements of GMP.
• Assist other SD/Sc/Rs in any investigation and/or corrective and preventative actions (CAPAs) processes as required, and provide technical laboratory support in conducting investigations and troubleshooting.
• Ensure that all department laboratories are in compliance with the relevant cleaning, housekeeping and general procedural SOPs.
• At all times, adopt a safe behaviour by exercising due regard for the health and safety of yourself, colleagues and clients, in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
• • Ensure full compliance with the Company’s Code of Integrity & Professional Conduct, and at all times adopt behaviour in accordance with SGS UK’s Equality and Diversity Policy.
Skills & Knowledge
• Scientific background and laboratory skills relevant to Molecular Biology
• Good communication skills, verbal and written
• Ability to work under pressure, to tight timelines
• Experience of working in a GLP/GMP environment, or equivalent
• Writing and word-processing skills.
• Ability to understand customer needs.
• Laboratory experience in a relevant field
• Previous experience of managing scientific projects or studies
• Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline (e.g. BSc Hons in a biological science). Alternative equivalent level of expertise may be appropriate.