Payments Project Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Inmarsat London
Inmarsat London urgently required following position for Payments Project Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Payments Project Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Inmarsat London Jobs Details:
To support the Accounts Payable Team Leader in the resolution of legacy payment issues and clearing issues as well as support the payment of vendor invoices and employees’ travel expense claims on a timely basis.
- Work through the targeted project plan to clear legacy Returns, rejections and cash clearing not completed in prior periods
- Daily clear down of manual payments in the AP Ledger – so post and allocate against relevant invoices. Any payments not related to the AP Ledger are cleared down against a cash clearing account.
- Daily tracking of rejections and returns in conjunction with the Financial Accounts Department and the JPM On-Line Portal using Eserve etc.
- Where a rejection or return has been identified, ensure that the relevant AP team member is notified so they can manage the vendor account (putting account on hold for example).
- Ensure all necessary payments are made to our vendors in a timely and accurate fashion
- Create payment files as per the frequency required
- Document any processes to ensure always up to date in the payment process arena
- On a monthly basis around month end any refunds that have been received and passed by the Financial Accounts Team to the Payments Team must be posted to the correct GL coding against the vendor and cleared down
- Send payment confirmations as and when required e.g. if a manual payment has been actioned ensure the business user requesting the payment is forwarded the confirmation of payment as soon as the payment has been fully sent.
- Any other ad hoc requests from your line manager/senior management
- SAP proficient, specifically in payments
- Good educational background
- Strong accounts payable experience gained with a professional environment
- Great attention to detail
- High level of accuracy
- Ability to multi–task at a high level
- Demonstrably excellent Time Management Skills
- Positive demeanour
- Great communication skills
- Proactive and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Diligent and thorough – committed to the task in hand
- Desire to improve working practices/systems
- Proficient in MS Office applications and Outlook