Principal Engineer Control Design And Development Jobs Vacancy at Changan Birmingham
Changan Birmingham urgently required following position for Principal Engineer Control Design And Development. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Principal Engineer Control Design And Development Jobs Vacancy at Changan Birmingham Jobs Details:
Principal Engineer to provide engineering capability and support for the development of control systems for advanced powertrain systems. Working with a cross-functional team of engineers to integrate mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems. Must have a broad vehicle system knowledge and a good understanding of system interaction within a hybrid electrical powertrain, Have a process driven, quality mind-set supported by technical expertise with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience required
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant scientific field with a minimum of eight years post graduate experience with preferably some of this in automotive Powertrain development
- Master Degree in a relevant scientific field with a minimum of five years post graduate experience with preferably some of this in automotive Powertrain development
- Broad knowledge of powertrain systems especially hybrid electrical technologies.
- Has proven the ability to transfer control system theory into practical implementation on a variety of Control System based projects.
- Maintaining and developing strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Good understanding of the complete system V lifecycle including requirements definition and behaviour design through to implementation and test in MiL/SiL and/or HiL environments.
- Good logical reasoning
- Inspiring team to strive for improvements and high customer service, achieving results through effective team work
- Working with cross functional teams and supporting the Lead Engineer in the delivery of the performance objectives of the group
- Showing ability to overcome cultural barriers
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of Control System Architecture, strategies and design with a clear focus on Hybrid Control and related technologies.
- Support the development and review of Control System requirements and Interface Specifications.
- Support the development of simulation models for powertrain subsystems and their integration into MIL and HIL environments.
- Support control module validation and implementation on test rigs and in vehicles.
- Support benchmarking and requirement capture activities, FMEA and functional safety analysis.
- Use of control system development tools: Canalyser and INCA. Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, Embedded Coder.
- Support for electrical systems and interfacing to communication networks (e.g. CAN, Serial), Digital, Analogue, PWM etc.
- Assist in the development of systems engineering planning documentation to define how the systems engineering activities of a project will be controlled and developed
- Supporting supplier management and coordination in the role as Technical Expert.
Other Features of job
- Role based in UK with core CAUK team at Birmingham Business Park. Occasional travel to other CA sites, on development trips and to visit suppliers is a requirement.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK