Aig Life Continuous Integration Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Aig Reigate
Aig Reigate urgently required following position for Aig Life Continuous Integration Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Aig Life Continuous Integration Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Aig Reigate Jobs Details:
Functional Area:IT - Information Technology Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel Relocation Provided: No AIG Life Limited
Reporting to: Development Manager
- AIG Life has a paperless application process and as such is totally reliant on their ability to deliver a high quality eCommerce platform to market. Technology and application development in particular is therefore core to the success of the company.
- We are seeking an outstanding Continuous Integration Engineer to join an experienced Life Insurance development team based close to the station in Surrey (Reigate). This is easily commutable from London.
- This is a key role that will help to set and develop the company’s electronic proposition as its key asset. As such, candidates should have a proven track record of success as a CI engineer by having lead the Continuous Integration strategy elsewhere.
- We require a very competent CI Engineer who can;
- Quickly integrate with the existing team.
- Demonstrate experience of working in an environment where CI has been implemented alongside Agile development and has been used effectively to support the business.
- Be responsible for setting the Continuous Integration strategy to best support the business.
- Communicate clearly and effectively about technical and non-technical subjects. It may also be necessary to communicate with external suppliers and/or partners.
- Understand the current automated CI practices and recommend improvements.
- Responsible for collaborating with developers and testers to help build code, run tests, manage issues, and support the development / deployment pipeline.
- Improve speed, efficiency and scalability of the continuous integration environment, automating wherever possible
- Assist in managing version control branches/tags
- Support the software development life cycle and Agile development methodologies, specifically Scrum
- Troubleshoot compile and build failures, and facilitate resolution
- Create and maintain continuous integration process documentation
- Contributes to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations Agile project lifecycle
- Work with all development teams, senior management and QA teams to help CI support the business strategy /road map.
- Perform other administrative and technical duties as directed by manager
- Pro-active individual who shows initiative & takes responsibility for their own decisions
- Good team-player who encourages feedback & is able to delegate & seek help when appropriate
- Effective & well-presented communicator both verbally & in writing
- Analytical, problem-solver who is able to quickly & accurately identify key issues
- Well-organised planner who will follow rules & procedures when appropriate
- Innovator who will thrive in a pressurised & dynamic environment & embraces change
- Professional & discreet operator focussed on stakeholder needs
Technical Skills and Expertise
- Expert knowledge of Continuous integration environments (Team City, Jenkins, Visual Studio)
- Expert knowledge of repo management (Artifactory, NPM)
- Expert knowledge of version Control GitHub / Git / Mercurial and differing workflows
- Knowledge of Continuous Deployment technologies (Octopus Deploy / Shippable)
- Knowledge of Config / Provisioning technologies ( Chef / Puppet /Vagrant / Ansible)
- Knowledge of continuous code quality tools such as SonarQube
- Knowledge of cloud based technologies (AWS / Azure)
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives