Customer Ambassador Jobs Vacancy at Great Western Railway Gwr London
Great Western Railway Gwr London urgently required following position for Customer Ambassador. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Customer Ambassador Jobs Vacancy at Great Western Railway Gwr London Jobs Details:
Who we are:
GWR is the proud custodian of one of the most prestigious railway networks in the world. Our services call at over 275 stations, stretching across the South West of England.
Over the next few years we will be making history with huge investments that will affect all areas of operations, from new trains to stations upgrades and local community support.
We aim to transform the way people think about rail travel by setting a new standard – a better experience for our customers. Together we will restore the railways as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
If you share our passion for the railway then we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing
It takes a special kind of person to be customer facing at a busy railway station with thousands of customers coming and going every day. As a Customer Ambassador you won’t answer calls or be stuck behind a desk, and you’ll be more than a friendly face. You’ll be the face of GWR, taking a calm and collected approach to ensure every customer experience is a memorable and enjoyable journey every time. Of course you need to be empowered to do this so expect to be entrusted with the resources and responsibility to deliver.
If you’re ready for a fast-paced customer service challenge with a difference – the journey starts here.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Proactively helping our customers and brightening up their day whatever the weather
- Helping millions of rail customers to get to where they want to go – making every single journey important
- Covering every inch of your station to go the extra mile for our customers and be empowered to deal with a variety of different situations
You’ll need to be:
- Someone who can think on your feet and make quick decisions, you must be able to connect with and talk to our customers face-to-face
- A confident communicator who can put people at ease and help those who are worried or in a hurry in a tactful and sensitive way
- Hard working and share our ‘customer first’ approach and passion for making a positive difference to the passenger experience
- Experience of working in a demanding customer facing role such as retail, aviation or other customer facing service sector roles
- Outstanding communication skills
- Education to at least GCSE standard or equivalent
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, web browsing, internet applications and relevant devices (smart phones, tablets etc.)
- Fluency in a second language is highly desirable
- Knowledge of the local area
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including final salary pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, childcare vouchers and an Employee assistance programme.
As we need our Customer Ambassadors to be there morning, noon and evening these roles can’t be 9-5. So, you must be flexible and prepared to work between 06:30 and 22:00 on a shift basis. You’ll also need to be able to cover weekend working on a rota. Your transport options or location will be vital too, as you’ll sometimes need to be able to get to work before public transport is available.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our organisation. And the broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That’s why we’re committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.