Mechanical Design Student Jobs Vacancy at Apollo Fire Detectors Portsmouth
Apollo Fire Detectors Portsmouth urgently required following position for Mechanical Design Student. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Mechanical Design Student Jobs Vacancy at Apollo Fire Detectors Portsmouth Jobs Details:
A Day in The Life Of
- Create innovative design concepts and then consider the pros and cons of the concepts with colleagues from across the business.
- Participate in a DFMEA/PFMEA review and help drive the team to delve right into the design concept and make sure it’s as watertight as possible.
- Check through a mould flow report from one of our tooling suppliers and agree updates to the CAD model to suit their recommendations.
- Run a light output simulation to check whether the latest iteration of your lens design is up to the job.
- Discuss with one of our PCB Designers and negotiate where they want to position some of the components.
- Run an FEA simulation to compare all your different mechanical clip designs against each other giving more confidence before going to tooling.
- Create a tolerance analysis report of your concept to ensure high quality components are achieved.
- Head over to the 3D printer to prototype the latest concept ready for a peer review.
- Make some changes to an engineering drawing before sending it to a colleague for final checks.
- Walk up to the lab to test one of your development projects and see whether it’s producing the right sound and light output.
- Get involved with the validation and verification testing of the products before they are approved for the market.
- Studying for either an Engineering or Science degree
- You’re a problem-solver who loves finding creative solutions.
- You’re endlessly curious and will hunt to find the answer to your questions.
- You’re great at building 3D models and bringing concepts to life (SolidWorks is ideal).
- Able to understand and interpret engineering drawings and technical specifications
- Self-motivated with a keen attention to detail
- Knowledge of materials, especially injection moulded plastics & sheet metal
Your Ideal Job
If you’re looking for:
- An interesting role where no two days are the same
- A vibrant company culture where positive changes are being brought in every day
- A strong management structure where directors listen to their employees
- A positive atmosphere and a team who are committed to supporting one another