Operations Shift Supervisor Jobs Vacancy at General Electric Sutton Bridge
General Electric Sutton Bridge urgently required following position for Operations Shift Supervisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operations Shift Supervisor Jobs Vacancy at General Electric Sutton Bridge Jobs Details:
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
To ensure the safe and efficient running of Sutton Bridge Power Station during their shift. Ensuring that the station is operated at maximum efficiency and availability, commensurate with all Environmental, Health and Safety Legislation.
Manage shift personnel and co-ordinate all plant operations and activities during shift in accordance with Site Quality and EHS Procedures
- Ensure shift team comply with Site Quality Procedures , Work Instructions , and EHS Policies and Procedures
- Conduct yearly/six monthly operation technician performance reviews including review of progress on goals and objectives and EHS performance
- Act as Control Person / Incident Controller for all site emergencies liaising with Duty Manager and emergency services
- Responsible for reporting of accidents or incidents to Duty Manager and EHS Specialist within appropriate timescales as per EHS Procedures
- Responsible for ensuring all relevant communications are passed to shift team
- Monitor operation and function of all control room and station control systems in order to maintain the safe and efficient operation of the station including daily review of all alarms and remedial actions required
- Maintain contact with Energy Management Centre ensuring correct load profile is maintained and inform them of any potential events that may affect the ability to follow profile
- Monitor readings and parameters from all control systems checking for short / long term variances from normal trends and advise on required operational changes or maintenance activities to rectify if required
- Respond to variances in normal plant operating parameters and issue instructions to adjust output and maintain safe operation of the station.
- Monitor plant water chemistry and co-ordinate alterations to maintain within operating guidelines
- Maintain daily Station Log book with all relevant information
- Maintain plant security liaising with site Security Guards as necessary
- Responsible for implementing Safe Working Procedures and Safe Systems of work
- Control the release and return of plant and equipment when maintenance or repairs have been performed
- Direct the Control Room Operator and Outside Operator to achieve the goals of operating the plant during the shift
- Assist the Management Team in running and maintaining the plant efficiently and also maintaining high plant availability and flexibility
- Report equipment deficiencies or breakdowns and record required information into the computerised maintenance management system to assist maintenance in completing repairs
- Attend daily planning meeting and morning meeting to update management and maintenance of all plant abnormalities and schedule planned maintenance
- Update all plant files, records and reports with relevant information
- Responsible for recording daily electricity output and gas useage
- Responsible for ensuring customer IPPC limits are not exceeded and responsible for taking remedial action to prevent any excursions
- The Shift Supervisor is to keep the relevant Manager informed of all events and incidents that may affect them. This will normally be the next working day for routine matters, but should be immediately by telephone for more urgent incidents
- Any other duties as directed by the Operations Manager / Facility Manager / Duty Manager
- BTEC in Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Significant CCGT experience
- Proven experience of Supervising teams
- Proven experience of safe working systems
- Proven experience of Managing incident control
- Knowledge of CCGT control systems
- Knowledge of CCGT Steam and water chemistry
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to prioritise and re prioritise
- Ability to make decisions under abnormal situations and direct the shift team
- Working in a customer focused environment and liasing with internal and external agencies
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to communicate in a friendly, open and constructive manner
- Highly organised
- Responsive and pro-active
- Flexible and calm
- Detail conscious
- Committed and loyal
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to grasp, assimilate and apply information and concepts quickly
- Integrity - accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others.
- Ability to work with confidential and commercially sensitive data
- Able to work shifts and unsociable hours to support 24 hour operation of site
- Physical Demands: The employee is regularly required to work on feet for up to 12 hour periods, requires stair and ladder climbing sometimes in excess of 100 feet, lifting 50+ pounds; and heavy clean-up, PPE must be worn (e.g. hard hats, safety glasses, coveralls).
- Confined space and working in hazardous environments
Locations: United Kingdom; Sutton Bridge
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- BTEC in Engineering or equivalent