Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy at Worcester Wheels
Worcester Wheels urgently required following position for Operations Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy at Worcester Wheels Jobs Details:
To manage Worcester Wheels Community Transport Operations, ensuring legislative and policy compliance. To work with statutory and non-statutory transport commissioners to tender for appropriate contracts . To represent Worcester Wheels with stakeholders, customers and clients as directed by the Business Development Manager. To coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotion of Worcester Wheels Community Transport Service.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To ensure best practice in all Worcester Wheels operations including compliance with legal and policy requirements.
- To represent Worcester Wheels as directed by the Business Development Manager at meetings with external stakeholders
- To work with the Business Development Manager to develop new income opportunities with both statutory and non-statutory transport commissioners
- To tender for transport contracts when let by statutory and non-stautory transport commissioners
- To work with the Worcester Wheels Finance Manager to ensure all financial management is best practice, compliant and secure. This may involve cash handling and banking.
- To ensure that data on the Flexiroute system is recorded and analysed and presented monthly against key performance indicators as directed by the Business Development Manager
- To be responsible for producing management reports – from the Flexiroute system where possible – as directed by the Business Development Manager. These will include Bus Service Operators’ and other grant payments including concessionary fares
- To liase with suppliers in order to make savings on operational costs.
- To manage the Marketing and Publicity of Worcester Wheels
- To recruit staff and volunteers as required and as directed by the Business Development Manager to operate the service.
- To be responsible for training and development of staff and volunteers including induction.
- To comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Regulations. To take reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself and for others affected by his/her work and to co-operate with the Worcester Volunteer Centre in ensuring that the Health and Safety responsibilities are carried out.
- To comply with the requirements of Worcester Volunteer Centre’s Equality & Diversity policy and Safeguarding requirements.
- To take direct responsibility for own continuous professional development and to participate in Worcester Volunteer Centre’s Appraisal Scheme.
- To conduct oneself in a highly professional and dignified manner in line with Worcester Wheels Code of Conduct. This applies to conduct and behavior both in the office and when representing Worcester Wheels externally.
- To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the level and purpose of the post.
- This Job Description is current at the date shown below, and is a guideto the work you will be required to undertake. In consultation with the postholder, it may be changed from time to time by the Business Development Manager to meet changing circumstances.
Person Specification – Operations Manager Experience
Service management, including staff other and resources
Management and development of software (e.g. Flexiroute)
Production of management reports
Marketing and social media
Financial processes and procedures
Operating a passenger Transport service
Driving passenger carrying vehicles
Skills & Abilities
Good management skills
Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Excellent customer service skills
Ability to negotiate successfully with commissioners, suppliers and partners of Worcester Wheels
Statutory Commissioning processes and procedures
Passenger Transport legislation
Good local geographical knowledge of Worcestershire
Understanding of national passenger transport issues
Education & Training
An appropriate level of IT skills
Educated to at least GCSE Maths & English Pass or eqvivalent
An appropriate level of understanding of vehicle maintenance
Training regarding smoke evacuation, wheelchair clamping, first aid and dealing with aggressive behaviour (or willingness to attend training)
Electronic vehicle scheduling systems
Ceretificate of Professional Competence ( or working towards one)
First Aid at Work qualification (or willing to obtain one)
Consistently reliable and conscientious
Flexible and adaptable to change
Professional managerial conduct and behaviour at all times
Committeed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination.
Professional conduct, courteous behaviour