Farm Audit Primary Production Manager Jobs Vacancy at Sgs
Sgs urgently required following position for Farm Audit Primary Production Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Farm Audit Primary Production Manager Jobs Vacancy at Sgs Jobs Details:
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
We have an excellent new opportunity for a Segment Manager, for Farm Audits & Primary Production services to join our global organisation. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for;
- Driving the development of the Farm / primary production Audit Business within the food sector for the Agriculture Food and Life (AFL) Business Line.
- Ensuring the SGS audit capability in the area is developed in line with the development strategy.
- Overseeing the execution and delivery of the portfolio ensuring the right global structure and monitoring is in place to meet internal and external expectations.
- Ensuring that AFL meets growth targets in line with its strategy and achieves high level of customer satisfaction and technical excellence.
- Defining a strategy to accelerate the growth of profitable revenue from the farm and primary production audit and sustainability solutions.
- Developing new services in line with strategy and market conditions to ensure SGS service portfolio in this area remains current and competitive.
- Overseeing the management of GlobalGAP, SAI Platform and other existing ‘Farm’ programmes ensuring their organisation within SGS is effective, robust and efficient.
- Representing SGS in key industry working groups, technical committees and at other appropriate events.
- Leading the development (including technical) and roll-out of agreed new global initiatives and facilitate appropriate training and capability development throughout the targeted markets.
We offer an open corporate and international culture, a flat hierarchy and a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company. We offer a competitive base salary, plus a bonus scheme. SGS also offer an excellent benefits package including a minimum of 23 days' holiday (increasing with service), childcare vouchers and discount schemes, private health cover, plus a contributory stakeholder pension scheme.
- Successful Business Manager with 5-10 years of experience developing and managing farm audit services
- Degree in a scientific discipline , Agronomy or Business Management
- Lead Auditor qualification in GLOBALG.A.P or similar schemes such as Red Tractor, QS or others
- Hands on farm experience in areas such as fresh produce or livestock
- Farm harvesting experience, Handling of Pesticides, Soil Management, Farm livestock disease management
- Knowledge of food safety compliance
- Strong knowledge of agricultural production pre-gate of farm to the final product delivered to processors and packers
- Detailed understanding of Good Agricultural Practices, sustainability in farming (economical, ethical and ecological) auditing, inspections and testing activities.
- Knowledge of food safety compliance and certification
- Strong leadership, organisation, negotiation and influencing skills
- Project management skills and ability to mentor, coach and train
- Flexibility to travel globally up to 30 %.
- Change and Conflict Management skills
- Ability to multi-task and experience in managing large multi-national projects
- Proven track record in a similar role
- Additional language proficiency would be advantageous